- The report contains detailed information about Amarin Corporation plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Amarin Corporation plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Amarin Corporation plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Amarin Corporation plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Amarin Corporation plc business.
About Amarin Corporation plc
Amarin Corporation plc engages in the research, development and commercialization of drugs that address diseases of the central nervous system (CNS).
The companys CNS development pipeline includes programs in myasthenia gravis, Huntingtons disease, Parkinsons disease, epilepsy and memory. It also has two proprietary technology platforms: a lipid-based technology platform for the targeted transport of molecules through the liver and/or to the brain, and a mRNA technology based on cholinergic neuromodulation.
AMR101 is a semi-synthetic, purified derivative of (all-cis)-5,8,11,14,17-eicosapentaenoic acid (ethyl-EPA). It is in phase III clinical development.
AMR101 and Derivatives for Cardiovascular Disease
The company is planning to commence a series of clinical trials with AMR101 (ultra-pure ethyl-EPA) in dyslipidemia, particularly the treatment of cerides and the evaluation of the effect of the co-administration and co-formulation of AMR101 with other cardiovascular medications. In addition, the company intends to commence investigation of compounds from its existing development portfolio for the treatment of dyslipidemia and potentially other cardiovascular related diseases. It is in phase II clinical development.
EN101 is an orally available antisense oligonucleotide, specifically targeting the read-through or R isoform (AChE-R) of acetylcholinesterase (AChE). The company plans to complete the Phase IIa study and other non-clinical studies before progressing to a larger clinical study. It is in phase II clinical development.
Sublingual Apomorphine for Parkinsons Disease
The companys sublingual (under the tongue) formulation of Apomorphine targets to achieve absorption directly into the bloodstream after sublingual administration. Apomorphine is a particularly for the treatment of off episodes in Parkinsons disease patients. The company progressed it through Phase I pharmacokinetic studies and the lead formulation has been selected for optimization in a final pharmacokinetic study.
The companys nasal formulation of lorazepam is in development for the out-patient treatment of emergency seizures in epilepsy patients. It is in phase I clinical trial development.
AMR101 for AAMI
In January 2008, the company commenced a Phase IIa trial with AMR101 in Age Associated Memory Impairment (AAMI).
Targeted Lipid Transport Technology (TLT) Platform
AMR103, a form of levodopa in pre-clinical development for Parkinson's disease, is the companys primary candidate utilizing this technology.
Cholinergic Modulation and Inflammation
Ester Neurosciences Limited, which was acquired by the company in 2007, also has a platform messenger RNA (mRNA) silencing technology based on discoveries in the field of AChE, developed by Professor Hermona Soreq of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
AMR101 for HD has been partnered in the major E.U. markets with Scil Biomedical GmbH, Juste S.A.Q.F.; and Archimedes Pharma, Ltd.
Amarin Neuroscience has a worldwide license with Multicell Technologies, Inc. (Multicell) pursuant to which Amarin Neuroscience licensed the rights for MCT-125 to Multicell in return for a series of development. Multicell is planning a Phase IIb trial with MCT-125 in the treatment of fatigue in patients suffering from MS.
The companys suppliers include Amarin Neuroscience Limited; and Nisshin Pharma, Inc.
Amarin Corporation plc, in December 2008, opened its research and development headquarters in Mystic, Connecticut in the United States. The new office would be responsible for Amarin's research and development activities in cardiovascular disease which includes AMR101 for hypertriglyceridemia.
Amarin Corporation plc was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Amarin Corporation plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Amarin Corporation plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Amarin Corporation plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Amarin Corporation plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Amarin Corporation plc Industry Position Analysis
6. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMARIN CORPORATION PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Amarin Corporation plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Amarin Corporation plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Amarin Corporation plc Major Shareholders
Amarin Corporation plc History
Amarin Corporation plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Amarin Corporation plc Offices and Representations
Amarin Corporation plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Amarin Corporation plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Amarin Corporation plc Capital Market Snapshot
Amarin Corporation plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Amarin Corporation plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Amarin Corporation plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Amarin Corporation plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Amarin Corporation plc 1-year Stock Charts
Amarin Corporation plc 5-year Stock Charts
Amarin Corporation plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Amarin Corporation plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Amarin Corporation plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?