- The report contains detailed information about VIVUS Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for VIVUS Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The VIVUS Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes VIVUS Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of VIVUS Inc. business.
About VIVUS Inc.
VIVUS, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapeutic products for underserved markets.
The company has one drug that has been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, or the FDA, and several investigational product candidates in late stages of clinical development, that are focused on market opportunities in obesity and related morbidities, including sleep apnea and diabetes, and sexual health. The company markets MUSE, as a prescription treatment for erectile dysfunction in the United States and, together with its partners, internationally.
Investigational Product Candidates
The companys investigational product pipeline includes two late-stage clinical product candidates. One of these investigational products, Qnexa, has completed Phase 3 clinical trials for obesity and Phase 2 clinical trials for diabetes and obstructive sleep apnea. The company submitted an New Drug Application (NDA) to the FDA for Qnexa in December 2009. Avanafil is in Phase 3 trials for erectile dysfunction and the company announced data from one of these trials, REVIVE (TA-301), in November 2009. Luramist is its investigational product candidate for the treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder, or HSDD.
Qnexa for Obesity
Qnexa is its proprietary oral investigational product candidate for the treatment of obesity, incorporating low doses of active ingredients from two products, phentermine and topiramate. Qnexa targets excessive appetite and high threshold for satiety, or the feeling of being full, the two main mechanisms that impact eating behavior. Qnexa is a once-a-day capsule containing a proprietary formulation of controlled release phentermine and topiramate.
Luramist (Testosterone MDTS) is the companys patent-protected, transdermal investigational product candidate being developed for the treatment of HSDD in women. The active ingredient in Luramist is the synthetic version of the testosterone that is present naturally in humans. Luramist utilizes a proprietary, metered-dose transdermal spray, or MDTS, applicator that delivers a precise amount of testosterone to the skin.
MUSE for Erectile Dysfunction
The company commercially offers MUSE in the United States. MUSE is invasive therapy for erectile dysfunction approved by the FDA. With MUSE, an erection is typically produced with in 15 minutes of administration and lasts approximately 30 to 60 minutes. Because therapeutic levels of drug are delivered locally to the erectile tissues with minimal systemic drug exposure, MUSE is a local treatment that minimizes the chances of systemic interactions with other drugs or diseases.
Corporate Collaborations and Licenses from Third Parties
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation: The company, in 2001, entered into a development, license and supply agreement with Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, or MTPC, for the development and commercialization of avanafil, a PDE5 inhibitor compound for the oral and local treatment of male and female sexual dysfunction. Under the terms of the agreement, MTPC agreed to grant a license to the company for products containing avanafil outside of Japan, North Korea, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
Acrux: In February 2004, the company entered into licensing agreements with Acrux Limited, or Acrux, and its subsidiary under which the company has agreed to develop and commercialize Luramist and Evamist in the United States for various female health applications. Acrux's metered-dose transdermal spray, or MDTS, technology is a patented, simple-to-use spray that is being developed to deliver testosterone and estradiol effectively to women when applied to the skin.
The company entered into an agreement granting Meda marketing and distribution rights for MUSE in member states of the European Union and the company entered into an agreement granting Paladin Labs, Inc. marketing and distribution rights for MUSE in Canada. Meda sells MUSE in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, France and the Netherlands.
VIVUS, Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIVUS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIVUS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIVUS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIVUS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIVUS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. VIVUS Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of VIVUS Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of VIVUS Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. VIVUS Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. VIVUS Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIVUS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIVUS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIVUS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIVUS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIVUS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIVUS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
VIVUS Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
VIVUS Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
VIVUS Inc. Major Shareholders
VIVUS Inc. History
VIVUS Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
VIVUS Inc. Offices and Representations
VIVUS Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
VIVUS Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
VIVUS Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
VIVUS Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
VIVUS Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
VIVUS Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
VIVUS Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
VIVUS Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
VIVUS Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
VIVUS Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
VIVUS Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
VIVUS Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?