- The report contains detailed information about Tengion, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tengion, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tengion, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tengion, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tengion, Inc. business.
About Tengion, Inc.
Tengion, Inc., a development stage biotechnology company, develops, manufactures, and commercializes replacement neo-organs and neo-tissues. The company creates these functional neo-organs and neo-tissues using a patients own cells, or autologous cells, in conjunction with its Organ Regeneration Platform.
Urologic Product Candidates
The company has two product candidates for the treatment of patients who require removal of their bladder in connection with the treatment of bladder, abdominal or pelvic cancer, or other severe bladder disease. Its Neo-Urinary Conduit is a combination of bioabsorbable materials and autologous muscle cells cultured by its scientists. It also has a product candidate, its Neo-Bladder Augment, for the treatment of neurogenic bladder, or dysfunctional bladder due to neurologic disease or condition, for which treatment often requires an augmentation of the bladder to relieve high bladder pressure and incontinence. The companys Neo-Bladder Augment, which has completed two Phase II clinical trials, regenerates bladder tissue to supplement the patients existing bladder.
The company conducted two open-label, multi-center Phase II clinical trials of its Neo-Bladder Augment for the treatment of neurogenic bladder resulting from spina bifida in pediatric patients and neurogenic bladder resulting from spinal cord injury in adult patients.
The Tengion Neo-Kidney Augment
The companys Neo-Kidney Augment is designed to prevent or delay dialysis by increasing renal function in patients with CKD. Its Neo-Kidney Augment is based on its proprietary technology, which uses the patients cells, procured by a needle biopsy of the patients kidney, to create an implantable product candidate that can catalyze the regeneration of functional kidney tissue.
The Tengion Neo-GI Augment
This product candidate consists of smooth muscle cells, obtained from a routine fat biopsy, seeded on one of its proprietary bioabsorbable scaffolds, that can be used as a tubular or patch implant to accommodate patient needs.
The Tengion Neo-Vessel Replacement
The company is developing its Neo-Vessel Replacement for various blood vessel applications, including vascular access grafts, or arterio-venous, or AV, shunts, for patients with ESRD undergoing hemodialysis treatment, and for vessel replacement for patients undergoing coronary or peripheral artery bypass procedures. Its technology uses muscle cells isolated from fat tissue and endothelial cells isolated from blood samples, which are expanded ex vivo and then seeded onto a bioabsorbable scaffold in the shape of a blood vessel.
Exclusive License Agreement with Childrens Medical Center Corporation: The company has a license agreement with Childrens Medical Center Corporation, or CMCC, for the license of certain patent rights and intellectual property rights owned or controlled by CMCC related to autologous tissue engineering technology.
Wake Forest University Health Sciences License Agreement: The company has a license agreement with Wake Forest University Health Sciences, or WFUHS, for the license of WFUHSs intellectual property.
Tengion, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TENGION, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TENGION, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TENGION, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TENGION, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TENGION, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tengion, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tengion, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tengion, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tengion, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tengion, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TENGION, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TENGION, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TENGION, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TENGION, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TENGION, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TENGION, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tengion, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tengion, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tengion, Inc. Major Shareholders
Tengion, Inc. History
Tengion, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tengion, Inc. Offices and Representations
Tengion, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tengion, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tengion, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tengion, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Tengion, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tengion, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tengion, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tengion, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tengion, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tengion, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tengion, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tengion, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?