- The report contains detailed information about CytoCore, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CytoCore, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CytoCore, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CytoCore, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CytoCore, Inc. business.
About CytoCore, Inc.
CytoCore, Inc. develops, manufactures, and intends to sell an integrated family of products for the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer under CytoCore Solutions trade name. The company's CytoCore Solutions products are intended to address sample collection, specimen preparation, specimen evaluation (including detection/screening and diagnosis), treatment and patient monitoring within vertical markets related to specific cancers. CytoCore Solutions products are focused upon cervical cancer.
Cell Collection Devices
The company manufactures and sells the SoftPAP device for the collection of cervical cell samples that are used in the detection of cervical dysplasia, cancer, and human papillomavirus (HPV) infections. Variants of SoftPAP are also being designed for the collection of exfoliated cell samples from tissues other than the cervix.
PadKit is a device that captures a sample that would be evaluated to provide an assessment of the health of the entire female genital tract. The company has obtained license to sell PadKit for the collection of cellular samples that can be screened for various gynecological cancers, including cervical, endometrial, and ovarian, and for the collection of gynecological samples to be tested for the presence of HPV. It may obtain licenses to sell PadKit for additional indications, such as the collection of samples for sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing. The company is evaluating the use of PadKit in an Internet-based fee-for-service testing program outside of the United States.
The company has reached an agreement with Synermed Select Partners, Inc. (Synermed) under which it would package and market its GluCyte cell preservative with its SoftPAP and PadKit cell collection devices. It intends to introduce the manual version of convenience kits containing the SoftPAP and the preservative in the European Union to address the demand for liquid-based preparations (LBPs) in that part of the world. It intends to collaborate with Cell Solutions LLC, an affiliate of Synermed, on selling the Cell Solutions automated slide preparation system to high volume laboratories in these countries. The company and Cell Solutions have agreed to collaborate on obtaining the necessary approval. It is also working with the manufacturer of PadKit to validate the preservative for this application. An independent clinical trial of PadKit in combination with the preservative has been initiated by the UCLA School of Nursing.
Stains and Reagents
The company is developing various proprietary stains for use in cervical cytology and other screening applications. These stains are designed for automated evaluation using the AIPS Imager and may also be evaluated visually or using a flow cytometer.
The AIPS workstation is an updated and improved version of the AcCell device. In addition to use as part of a cytology screening system, the AIPS workstation can also be used in conjunction with the AIPS Imager for automated cytological analysis, and in various other applications in which a conventional microscope is used, such as pathology and hematology in a clinical laboratory, and applications outside of the clinical laboratory that range from drug discovery and quality control to metallurgy. The AIPS Workstation would be marketed to small and medium-sized hospitals and reference laboratories.
The AIPS Imager is a version of the AccuMed TracCell location-guided cytology screening system that has been optimized for use with the proprietary CCI stains. The AIPS Imager is intended to work in conjunction with the AIPS workstation.
The company has an agreement with Zycom Touch, LLC under which it would sell OmniDROP Communicator software as a component of its AIPS systems and as a product for laboratories, hospitals, and health maintenance organizations. OmniDROP is a communications package and also includes features, such as message receipts and tracking that ensure that messages are received by the intended recipient. OmniDROP is provided as a software-as-a-service product.
The company is developing a derivative of the SoftPAP cell collection device that can be used to apply a patch containing a therapeutic agent to the cervix. It intends to develop and market the applicator, as well as patches containing established therapeutic agents in collaboration with a pharmaceutical or transdermal patch manufacturer.
Sales and Distribution
The company has three distribution agreements with distributors in Italy, Spain and Portugal. It also has an international distribution agreement for sales into Switzerland.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CYTOCORE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CYTOCORE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CYTOCORE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CYTOCORE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CYTOCORE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CytoCore, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CytoCore, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CytoCore, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CytoCore, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CytoCore, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CYTOCORE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CYTOCORE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CYTOCORE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CYTOCORE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CYTOCORE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CYTOCORE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CytoCore, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CytoCore, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CytoCore, Inc. Major Shareholders
CytoCore, Inc. History
CytoCore, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CytoCore, Inc. Offices and Representations
CytoCore, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CytoCore, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CytoCore, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CytoCore, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
CytoCore, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CytoCore, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CytoCore, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CytoCore, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CytoCore, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CytoCore, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CytoCore, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CytoCore, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?