- The report contains detailed information about Strategic Diagnostics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Strategic Diagnostics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Strategic Diagnostics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Strategic Diagnostics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Strategic Diagnostics Inc. business.
About Strategic Diagnostics Inc.
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets proprietary products, services, and solutions in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, food safety, and environmental markets.
The company operates through two business units, Life Sciences and Kit Products.
The company provides a range of products and services, including custom antibodies, pre-made catalog antibodies, bulk diagnostic-grade antibodies, proprietary critical reagent products, and associated bio-processing services. Its products and services are sold to, and often embedded in other commercial products used by a range of customers including pharmaceutical, biotechnology and diagnostic companies, and major biomedical research centers both domestically and internationally. The company is fully integrated to deliver a range of services encompassing its customers immuno-solution needs from antigen design and antibody development through large scale production and post production bio-processing and immunoassay design and development.
Industrial BioDetection Tests
The companys detection technologies allow industrial customers to identify the presence of adulterants, such as chemical toxins, biological pathogens and other contaminants that can compromise human or environmental safety, and/or financially impact efficiencies of production processes.
Food and Beverage Manufacturing: Systems for high efficiency testing for the identification of pathogens and toxins in food, water and the manufacturing environment.
Water Utilities: Drinking water facilities test for chemical toxins and pathogens. Wastewater treatment facilities manage pollution control by monitoring efficiency maintenance in biological processing systems, specifically testing for influent and effluent toxic chemicals and pesticides.
Environmental Management: On-site testing systems to increase the speed and accuracy of environmental remediation of soil and ground water pollutants.
Agriculture and Agro-science: Systems for the detection, identity preservation, and quantification testing of genetically modified organisms, and test systems for feed and grain safety testing, including for the presence of mycotoxins.
Life Sciences Products and Services
The company produces antibodies to targets and biomarkers of interest allowing customers to quickly assess the feasibility, efficacy and safety of compounds in their developmental pipelines. The company is a supplier to manufacturers of antibody-based diagnostic tests. It provides proprietary reagents as well as large scale Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) production of custom antibodies.
Food Safety Products
The companys food safety product line includes enrichment media and tests to detect food pathogens, including E. coli O157 (including H7), Listeria and Salmonella. The company tests targeted traits in genetically engineered plants, tests to detect Genetically Modified (GM) traits in grain, seeds, food ingredients and food fractions and tests to detect naturally occurring fungi in grains (mycotoxins).
Food Pathogen Testing: The company engages in the development and market introduction of products for the detection of pathogenic microorganisms in food. It provides test method for the pathogen E. coli O157 (including H7). The RapidChek E. coli O157:H7 test strips and proprietary media system have received ongoing market acceptance in the United States. It also provides test for detection of Listeria. The Listeria test incorporates the use of a proprietary enrichment procedure that provides results in 40 hours. It offers RapidChek SELECT Salmonella test with AOAC-RI approval at the International Association of Food Protection Meeting in Calgary, Canada.
Genetically Modified Crops: Tests for GM traits are generally used to determine whether the sample tested contains the protein associated with the genetic modification. Seeds, grain or leaf tissue are typically tested. Among the commodities typically tested with the companys products are corn, soybeans, rice and cotton.
The company has develop
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Strategic Diagnostics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Strategic Diagnostics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STRATEGIC DIAGNOSTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Major Shareholders
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. History
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Offices and Representations
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Strategic Diagnostics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?