- The report contains detailed information about Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Simcere Pharmaceutical Group.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. business.
About Simcere Pharmaceutical Group.
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group engages in the manufacture and supply of branded pharmaceuticals in the Peoples Republic of China.
The company has introduced a generic anti-stroke medication under the brand name Bicun, a 5-FU sustained release implant under the brand name Sinofuan, and an anti-cancer medication under the brand name Endu. The company manufactures and sells 46 principal pharmaceutical products. Of these products, 38 are prescription pharmaceuticals and 8 are over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceuticals. The company also distributes two additional pharmaceuticals that are manufactured by independent third parties but marketed under its brand names, including Yingtaiqing-branded generic diclofenac sodium sustained-release capsules and the Faneng-branded generic alfacalcidol soft capsules.
In addition, the company has obtained approvals to manufacture and sell approximately 222 other products. As of March 31, 2010, the company also had 12 product candidates in various stages of development, including treatments for cancer, cerebrovascular diseases, infections, rheumatoid arthritis, nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy.
Pharmaceutical Endu (Recombinant Human Endostatin Injection)
The companys pharmaceutical Endu, or recombinant human endostatin, has been granted an invention patent in China and is the recombinant human endostatin injection approved for manufacture and sale in China and has been approved for the treatment of NSCLC. Recombinant human endostatin is an engineered protein that interferes with the growth of blood vessels to a tumor, thereby starving and preventing the growth of tumor cells.
Principal Branded Generic Pharmaceuticals
The company markets and sells the principal branded generic pharmaceutical products, which include Bicun (edaravone injection); Zailin (amoxicillin capsules, dispersible tablets, granules and injection); Yingtaiqing (diclofenac sodium sustained-release capsules and gelatin); Yidasheng (edaravone injection); and Sinofuan (anti-tumor implants).
Bicun: The company manufactures and sells the Bicun, which is its prescription edaravone injection pharmaceutical for the treatment of strokes. Edaravone is a synthetic free radical scavenger and has been proved to be one of the neuroprotective pharmaceuticals.
Zailin: Zailin is the brand name for its line of generic prescription amoxicillin antibiotics, which includes capsules, dispersible tablets, granules, and injection. The company manufactures and sells Zailin granules.
Yingtaiqing: Yingtaiqing is the brand name for its generic diclofenac sodium in sustained-release capsules and gelatin dosage format, which is an anti-inflammatory pain reliever and analgesic drug used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Yingtaiqing sustained-release capsules are prescription pharmaceuticals and are manufactured by a third-party manufacturer, the China Pharmaceutical University Pharmaceutical Company (China Pharmaceutical), and the company has entered into a distribution agreement with China Pharmaceutical to distribute and sell Yingtaiqing sustained-release capsules in China. The company has obtained the regulatory approval to manufacture and sell Yingtaiqing gelatin, an OTC medicine.
Yidasheng: Yidasheng is its prescription edaravone injection pharmaceutical for the treatment of strokes.
Sinofuan: Sinofuan is its sustained release implants for the treatment of cancer.
Other Branded Generic Pharmaceutical Products
Biqi: Biqi is the brand name for its generic OTC anti-diarrhea pharmaceutical.
Anqi: Anqi is the brand name of its amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablets, granules, and injection for the treatment of infections.
Zaike: Zaike is the brand name for its cefaclor in dry suspension antibiotics for the treatment of infections.
Simcere Kechuanning: Simcere Kechuanning is the brand name for its OTC herbal medicine used for the treatment of coughs. It comes in oral liquid and tablet formulations.
The company sells its products (except its vaccines) to regional distributors, who then sell them to local distributors, hospitals, and retail pharmacies throughout China.
In November 2010, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Simcere Pharmaceutical Group announced a strategic partnership to co-develop BMS-817378, a preclinical small molecule MET/VEGFR-2 inhibitor.
On November 9, 2010, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Simcere Pharmaceutical Group have a strategic partnership to co-develop BMS-817378, a preclinical small molecule MET/VEGFR-2 inhibitor. This arrangement represents an approach to accelerate a preclinical oncology compound to clinical proof-of-concept by leveraging the strengths of a Chinese pharmaceutical company and a global pharmaceutical company.
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Industry Position Analysis
6. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SIMCERE PHARMACEUTICAL GROUP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Major Shareholders
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. History
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Offices and Representations
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Capital Market Snapshot
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. 1-year Stock Charts
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. 5-year Stock Charts
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?