- The report contains detailed information about Sequenom Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sequenom Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sequenom Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sequenom Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sequenom Inc. business.
About Sequenom Inc.
Sequenom, Inc., a molecular diagnostic testing and genetics analysis company, provides products, services, diagnostic testing, applications, and genetic analysis products that translate the results of genomic science into solutions for biomedical research, translational research, molecular medicine applications, and agricultural, livestock, and other areas of research. The companys development and commercialization efforts in various diagnostic areas include womens health related and prenatal diagnostics, age-related macular degeneration diagnostics, oncology, infectious diseases, and other disorders and diseases.
The company operates its business on the basis of two reportable segments, Molecular Diagnostics and Genetic Analysis.
Molecular Diagnostics and SEQureDx Technology
Molecular Diagnostics: The company is researching, developing, and pursuing the commercialization of various non-invasive molecular diagnostic tests for prenatal genetic disorders and diseases, womens health related disorders and diseases, age-related macular degeneration diagnostics, oncology, infectious diseases, and other diseases and disorders. It has branded its diagnostic technology for prenatal diagnostics under the trademark SEQureDx. The companys efforts in molecular diagnostics are focused on noninvasive diagnostics using its proprietary MassARRAY system. The company is primarily focused on developing and commercializing prenatal screening and diagnostic tests using its circulating cell-free fetal (ccff) nucleic acid based assay technology.
The company has launched noninvasive Rhesus D genotyping and Fetalxy sex determination laboratory developed tests (LDTs) using this patented ccff technology which the company in-licenses from Isis Innovation Limited (Isis). The company also launched, in September 2009, a noninvasive molecular based cystic fibrosis carrier screening LDT. The company is in the process of researching and evaluating a potential LDT for Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome), and a potential LDT for age-related macular degeneration.
In February 2009, the company acquired AttoSense portfolio of gene-based molecular tests and related assets from SensiGen LLC. The acquisition includes specific tests for the detection and monitoring of human papillomavirus (HPV) (the primary cause of cervical and head and neck cancers), systemic lupus erythematosus (Lupus), chronic kidney disease (CKD), and other tests, which utilize its proprietary MassARRAY platform. The company is also in the process of researching and evaluating a potential LDT for age-related macular degeneration.
Prenatal Diagnostics Licenses: The company has in-licensed patent rights to use cell-free fetal nucleic acids for diagnostic testing of serum and plasma samples obtained from pregnant women from Isis, the technology transfer company of the University of Oxford. The companys license rights cover the general diagnostic use of cell-free fetal nucleic acids derived from maternal plasma or serum in territories, including the United States, Europe, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, and Japan, as well as non-exclusive rights in China.
The company has also in-licensed various patent rights from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and Xenomics Inc. (renamed TrovaGene, Inc.), covering the general use, on any technology platform, of fetal nucleic acids derived from maternal plasma, serum, urine, and in some cases whole blood, for noninvasive prenatal genetic diagnostic testing, including genetic, expression-based, sequencing-based and epigenetic-based assays and tests.
The companys license agreement with Xenomics, Inc. provides it with licensed patent rights for the use of fetal nucleic acids obtained from maternal urine. The license provides the company with the global right to use transrenal fetal DNA in maternal urine for noninvasive prenatal diagnostics and analysis on a technology-independent basis for various uses, excluding the limited field of fetal gender determination solely by the presence of Y chromosome.
The company also holds rights to issued patents and pending patent applications providing fundamental patent rights for digital PCR
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEQUENOM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEQUENOM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEQUENOM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEQUENOM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEQUENOM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sequenom Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sequenom Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sequenom Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sequenom Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sequenom Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SEQUENOM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEQUENOM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SEQUENOM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEQUENOM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEQUENOM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEQUENOM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sequenom Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sequenom Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sequenom Inc. Major Shareholders
Sequenom Inc. History
Sequenom Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sequenom Inc. Offices and Representations
Sequenom Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sequenom Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sequenom Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sequenom Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Sequenom Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sequenom Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sequenom Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sequenom Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sequenom Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sequenom Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sequenom Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sequenom Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?