- The report contains detailed information about SemBioSys Genetics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SemBioSys Genetics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SemBioSys Genetics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SemBioSys Genetics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SemBioSys Genetics Inc. business.
About SemBioSys Genetics Inc.
SemBioSys Genetics, Inc. operates as a Calgary-based biotechnology company. It focuses on the development, commercialization and production of protein-based pharmaceuticals and non-pharmaceutical products based on its plant genetic engineering skills and its proprietary oilbody-oleosin technology platform. The Company engages in the development of recombinant, therapeutic proteins from plants.
The Companys two current protein-based pharmaceutical product candidates are:
Insulin: The Company is developing insulin to serve the diabetes market and to facilitate the commercialization of alternative insulin delivery technologies. If abbreviated clinical trial protocols apply, the companys project this product candidate, which is in the research phase, could reach the market as early as 2008 or 2009.
Apolipoprotein (AI-class): The Company is developing apolipoprotein A-I and apolipoprotein A-IMilano (collectively, Apo AI) to be used in formulations that will serve as cardiovascular therapeutics to reduce and stabilize vascular atherosclerotic plaques which are associated with acute coronary syndrome (ACS), including heart attack and unstable angina, and stroke indications. These product candidates are in the research phase. The company is also using its technology platform to develop non-pharmaceutical products.
The Companys oilbody-oleosin technology is one among transgenic technologies that addresses protein recovery and purification simultaneously with bulk protein production.
The Company has developed a number of products and product development systems based on these capabilities, including production and purification of recombinant proteins (its Stratosome Biologics System and its Affinity Capture System); antibody purification reagents (its StratoCapture Purification System); purified non-recombinant oilbody products (its DermaSphere Ingredient System and its StratoDerm Skin Care System); and seeds containing recombinant oilbodies (animal health products).
In addition, the companys ability to develop transgenic oilseed products has enabled its to initiate modified seed oil product development programs (GLA and DHA rich safflower oils).
SemBioSys currently operates a 1,800 square foot pilot plant, capable of processing approximately 100 kilograms of seed per hour to produce approximately 40 kilograms of oilbodies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SemBioSys Genetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SemBioSys Genetics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SEMBIOSYS GENETICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Major Shareholders
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. History
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Offices and Representations
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SemBioSys Genetics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?