- The report contains detailed information about SCOLR Pharma Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SCOLR Pharma Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SCOLR Pharma Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SCOLR Pharma Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SCOLR Pharma Inc. business.
About SCOLR Pharma Inc.
SCOLR Pharma, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes prescription, over-the-counter (OTC), and nutritional products. The company uses its proprietary and patented controlled delivery technology (CDT) platform to develop its products.
The companys proprietary drug delivery technologies are applicable to a range of drugs with different physical and chemical properties, including water soluble and insoluble drugs, as well as high dose and low dose drugs. Using its CDT platforms, the company can formulate drugs with precise release profiles.
The companys CDT technologies have been used to develop various dietary supplement products that are manufactured and distributed by third parties. It receives royalties and other payments from the sale of products that incorporate its CDT technology, including combinations of glucosamine and chondroitin, calcium, and other dietary products. It has introduced approximately10 different extended release dietary supplements to the U.S. retailers and pharmacy outlets.
The company also has applied its CDT platforms to a portfolio of approximately 20 pharmaceutical targets on a developmental basis. These target candidates include existing analgesic, cardiovascular, diabetes, anti-nausea, and pulmonary products. It is advancing ibuprofen and pseudoephedrine towards commercialization.
Development Status of Lead Products
IbuprofenThe companys primary drug product candidate is a 12 hour extended release formulation of ibuprofen, an analgesic typically used for the treatment of pain, fever, and inflammation. The company completed its pivotal Phase III trial demonstrating safety and efficacy of its 12 hour 600 mg extended release ibuprofen for the OTC market.
Pseudoephedrine The company's 12 hour pseudoephedrine product is a decongestant that is used to relieve sinus pressure related to allergies and the common cold.
The company has developed multiple private label extended release nutritional products incorporating its CDT technology for commercialization in the United States and Canada.
In 2009, the company entered into a license agreement with Chrono Nutraceuticals LLC, a newly formed Arizona limited liability company (Chrono), providing Chrono with rights in Canada to manufacture and sell four extended release dietary supplements using its proprietary CDT drug delivery platform. In addition, the company granted Chrono the rights to manufacture and sell two of such products in the United States.
The company has a manufacture, license, and distribution agreement with Perrigo Company of South Carolina, Inc. (Perrigo). Under the agreement, the company has granted Perrigo a license to its CDT technology for the manufacture, marketing, distribution, sale, and use of specific dietary supplement products in the United States.
The company has entered into research collaboration with BioCryst Pharmaceuticals INC. (BioCryst) to develop an oral formulation of peramivir, using its CDT platforms. Peramivir is a novel therapeutic being developed by BioCryst for treatment of seasonal and life threatening influenza with a focus on intravenous and intramuscular delivery.
The companys major competitors in the drug delivery field include Biovail, Inc.; Penwest; SkyePharma PLC; Depomed; Elan Corporation, PLC; Flamel Technologies, Inc.; Impax Laboratories, Inc.; Labopharm, Inc.; and KV Pharmaceutical Company.
The company was founded in 1983. It was formerly known as Caddy Systems, Inc. and changed its name to Nutraceutix, Inc. in 1995. Further, it changed its name to SCOLR, Inc. in 2002; and to SCOLR Pharma, Inc. in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SCOLR PHARMA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SCOLR PHARMA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SCOLR PHARMA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SCOLR PHARMA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SCOLR PHARMA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SCOLR Pharma Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SCOLR Pharma Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SCOLR Pharma Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SCOLR Pharma Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SCOLR Pharma Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SCOLR PHARMA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SCOLR PHARMA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SCOLR PHARMA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SCOLR PHARMA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SCOLR PHARMA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SCOLR PHARMA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Major Shareholders
SCOLR Pharma Inc. History
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Offices and Representations
SCOLR Pharma Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SCOLR Pharma Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SCOLR Pharma Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SCOLR Pharma Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SCOLR Pharma Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SCOLR Pharma Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?