Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
(Coronavirus Impact Assessment - Special Edition)
- The report contains detailed information about Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. business.
About Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc.
Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc., through its wholly owned subsidiary, Par Pharmaceutical, Inc., engages in the development, manufacture, and distribution of generic and branded drugs in the United States.
The company operates through two segments: Par Pharmaceutical, the company's generic products division; and Strativa Pharmaceuticals, its proprietary (branded) products division.
PAR PHARMACEUTICAL - GENERIC PRODUCTS DIVISION
The company's generic product line, as of December 31, 2009, comprised prescription drugs consisting of approximately 50 product names (molecules), each with an associated Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and approximately 175 SKUs (packaging sizes). Products sold by the company's generic products division are manufactured principally in the solid oral dosage form (tablet, caplet, and two-piece hard shell capsule). In addition, the company markets oral suspension products and products in the semi-solid form of a cream. The company manufactures some of its own products, and it has strategic alliances and relationships with pharmaceutical and chemical companies that provide with products for sale through various distribution, manufacturing, development, and licensing agreements. As of December 2009, the company has 12 confirmed first-to-file and two potential first-to-market product opportunities.
The company's generic products division markets products primarily to wholesalers, drug store chains, supermarket chains, mass merchandisers, distributors, managed health care organizations, mail order accounts, and government, principally through its internal staff. The company's generic products division also promotes the sales efforts of wholesalers and drug distributors that sell products to clinics, governmental agencies, and other managed health care organizations.
STRATIVA PHARMACEUTICALS PROPRIETARY PRODUCTS DIVISION
As of December 31, 2009, Strativa focused on supportive care, marketing three products: Megace ES: Megace ES, Strativas first brand product, is a megestrol acetate oral suspension NanoCrystal Dispersion indicated for the treatment of anorexia, cachexia or any unexplained significant weight loss in patients with a diagnosis of AIDS; Nascobal Nasal Spray, a prescription vitamin B12 treatment indicated for maintenance of remission in certain pernicious anemia patients, as well as a supplement for a variety of B12 deficiencies; and it also co-promotes Solvay Pharmaceuticals Androgel, a testosterone 1% gel indicated for replacement therapy in males for conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone.
Zuplenz: It is an oral soluble thin film formulation of ondansetron in development for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with radiotherapy, and post-operative nausea and vomiting.
Oravig: It is a miconozole antifungal therapy in development for the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis, an opportunistic infection commonly found in immunocompromised patients, including those with HIV and cancer.
Marketing and Customers
The company markets its generic products primarily to wholesalers, drug store chains, supermarket chains, mass merchandisers, distributors, managed health care organizations, mail order accounts, and government, principally through its internal staff. It also promotes the sales efforts of wholesalers and drug distributors that sell its products to clinics, governmental agencies and other managed health care organizations. Customers in the managed health care market include health maintenance organizations, nursing homes, hospitals, clinics, pharmacy benefit management companies, and mail order customers. In 2009, the companys major customers included McKesson Drug Co.; CVS Caremark; and AmerisourceBergen Corporation.
The company's principal generic competitors are Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Mylan Laboratories, Watson Pharmaceuticals, and Sandoz Pharmaceuticals.
Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc. was founded in 1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Consensus
7.2. Experts Revisions
8. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PAR PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Key Executives
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Major Shareholders
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. History
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Offices and Representations
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Par Pharmaceutical Companies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?