- The report contains detailed information about Pain Therapeutics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pain Therapeutics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pain Therapeutics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pain Therapeutics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pain Therapeutics Inc. business.
About Pain Therapeutics Inc.
Pain Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the research and development of drugs for use in pain management, oncology, and hemophilia.
Remoxy is a controlled-release oral capsule form of oxycodone in a highly viscous liquid formulation matrix that includes excipients. It is formulated to help address issues of abuse and misuse of time-release oxycodone tablets.
The company has a collaboration agreement and a license agreement with King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (King) to develop and commercialize Remoxy and other abuse-resistant opioid painkillers. Pursuant to the collaboration agreement in the strategic alliance, the company retains sole control of drug development activities in the United States through Phase II clinical trials. The company and King would jointly manage Phase III clinical trials and New Drug Application (NDA) submissions in the United States.
The company is developing a drug candidate called PTI-188 to treat metastatic melanoma, a deadly form of skin cancer. PTI-188 is a monoclonal antibody linked to a radioisotope, intended to deliver doses of radiation lethal to melanoma tumors without harming normal tissue. In 2008, the company announced the completion of its first clinical study with PTI-188 in Israel. In May 2009, it announced the initiation of another Phase I clinical study with PTI-188 in Israel.
The technology used in this program was developed at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. The company has licensed exclusive worldwide commercial rights to this technology from Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
The company has a gene transfer program, developed at Stanford University, targeted at correcting a genetic defect in patients with hemophilia, a genetic disorder in which patients are unable to stop bleeding. During 2009, the company conducted various pre-clinical studies with this technology. It has licensed worldwide commercial rights to the technology used in this program from Poetic Genetics, LLC, or Poetic.
Other Product Candidates
The companys strategic alliance with King includes three other opioid product candidates. PTI-202 and PTI-721 have completed Phase I clinical trials. These Phase I clinical trials were designed to investigate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic profile of a single, oral dose of the drug candidates in healthy volunteers. The company and King are also conducting pre-clinical development of a fourth product candidate.
The company and King rely on Durect Corporation and other third-party manufacturers to formulate, manufacture, fill, label, ship or store REMOXY and other abuse-resistant drug candidates and their components. King is responsible for commercial manufacturing and supply of REMOXY. REMOXY and other product candidates under the companys strategic alliance with King are formulated using, in part, proprietary technology licensed from Durect.
The companys competitors include Roxane Laboratories; Purdue Pharma; King; Abbott Laboratories; Cephalon; Endo Pharmaceuticals; Teva Pharmaceuticals; Elkins-Sinn; Watson Laboratories; Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical; and Forest Pharmaceuticals.
Pain Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pain Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pain Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pain Therapeutics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pain Therapeutics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pain Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PAIN THERAPEUTICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Major Shareholders
Pain Therapeutics Inc. History
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Offices and Representations
Pain Therapeutics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pain Therapeutics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Pain Therapeutics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Pain Therapeutics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pain Therapeutics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pain Therapeutics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?