- The report contains detailed information about Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, sale, and distribution of generic and brand pharmaceutical products in the United States of America and India. As of December 31, 2009, the company marketed approximately 170 generic pharmaceutical product families and 30 brand pharmaceutical product families through Global Generic and Global Brand Divisions, respectively, and distributed approximately 8,000 stock-keeping units (SKUs) through its Distribution Division.
On December 2, 2009, Watson completed its acquisition of Robin Hood Holdings Limited, a Malta private limited liability company, and Cobalt Laboratories, Inc., a Delaware corporation (together the Arrow Group). As a result of the Arrow Acquisition, Watson also acquired a 51% ownership interest in Eden Biopharm Group (Eden), a company which provides development and manufacturing services for early-stage biotech companies.
Arrow has commercial operations in markets, such as the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom (U.K.), and France. The company also has a platform established for growth in solid markets, such as Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Scandanavia, and Germany; and opportunities in emerging markets, such as Central and eastern Europe, Turkey, Japan, and South Africa.
Prescription pharmaceutical products in the U.S. generally are marketed as either generic or brand pharmaceuticals. Generic pharmaceutical products are bioequivalents of their respective brand products. Brand pharmaceutical products are marketed under brand names through programs that are designed to generate physician and consumer loyalty. Through its Distribution Segment, the company distributes pharmaceutical products, primarily generics.
The company conducts its operations through three segments: Global Generics, Global Brands, and Distribution.
Global Generics Segment
This segment engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of generic pharmaceutical products. The companys portfolio of generic products includes products the company has developed internally, products it has licensed from third parties and products the company distributes for third parties.
During 2009, the company promoted fentanyl citrate troche on behalf of Cephalon, Inc. (Cephalon) and received commission revenue based on Cephalons sales. The company also received royalties on GlaxoSmithKlines sales of Wellbutrin XL 150mg. The company also received royalties on sales by Sandoz Pharmaceutical Corporation (Sandoz), a subsidiary of Novartis AG, of metoprolol succinate 50 mg extended release tablets.
In the U.S., the company predominantly markets its generic products to various drug wholesalers, mail order, government, and national retail drug and food store chains utilizing 21 sales and marketing professionals. The company sells its generic prescription products primarily under the Watson Laboratories and Watson Pharma labels, with the exception of its over-the-counter generic products which the company sells under its Rugby label or under private label.
During 2009, the company expanded its generic product line with the launch of 8 generic products. Key launches in 2009 included Metoprolol ER 25mg and 50mg, NextChoice, Nicotine Gum Fruit Chill, Nicotine Gum Fresh Mint, Nicotine Gum Cinnamon, and Galantamine ER. The companys five oral contraceptives include TriNessa, Low-Ogestrel, Necon, Lutera, and Microgestin. Key products in the pipeline include Yaz, Yasmin, Seasonique, LoSeasonique, and generic Tri-Cyclen Lo.
Global Brand Segment
The company markets various branded products to physicians, hospitals, and other markets that it serves. During 2009, the company launched Rapaflo its new alpha-blocker for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and Gelnique a topical gel for the treatment of overactive bladder.
The company promotes AndroGel on behalf of Unimed Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Solvay), and Femring on behalf of Warner Chilcott.
The company's Global Brand business focuses on products that the co
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WATSON PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?