- The report contains detailed information about Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing anti-infective products. The companys development activities are focused on products that treat gastrointestinal infections, and related diseases, including limited efficacy, serious adverse side effects, drug-to-drug interactions, difficult patient compliance, and bacterial resistance.
Anti-Infective Product Candidates
Fidaxomicin: The company is initially developing fidaxomicin for the treatment of infections caused by Clostridium difficile-infection (CDI). Fidaxomicin has complted two Phase 3 trials. The company holds worldwide rights to fidaxomicin.
Fidaxomicin Label Expansion: The company is developing an oral suspension formulation which complements the existing tablet form of fidaxomicin. This formulation is intended for use with intensive care unit and elderly patients who cannot swallow tablets.
Pruvel (prulifloxacin): The company is developing Pruvel for the treatment of infectious diarrhea, including travelers diarrhea, a community-acquired infection which can be caused by a range of bacteria. It intends to initially seek approval for Pruvel for the treatment of infectious diarrhea. Pruvel is a prodrug in the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics, a class of antibiotics. The company has completed two Phase 3 clinical trials of Pruvel for the treatment of travelers diarrhea,
OPopS Drug Discovery
The company is developing additional product candidates using its proprietary technology, including its Optimer One-Pot Synthesis (OPopS) drug discovery platform. OPopS is a computer-aided technology that enables the synthesis of various carbohydrate-based compounds. Two components of the OPopS technology that allow the company to synthesize new compounds are GlycoOptimization and De Novo Glycosylation. These technologies are capable of generating drug candidates for therapeutic application.
Other Pipeline Product Candidates
CEM-101 (OP-1068): The company's primary product candidate developed with its discovery technology, including glycooptimization, CEM-101 (OP-1068), is a macrolide and ketolide antibiotic for the treatment of upper and lower respiratory tract infections. CEM-101, which is licensed to Cempra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cempra), is being developed by Cempra for the treatment of respiratory tract infections.
In addition, the company has granted rights to two other product candidates, OPT-88 and OPT-822/821, to its majority-owned subsidiary, Optimer Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (OBI).
OPT-88: A Therapy for Osteoarthritis: OBI is developing OPT-88 as a disease-modifying intra-articular therapy for osteoarthritis.
OPT-822/OPT-821: A Cancer Immunotherapy: OBI is also developing OPT-822, a carbohydrate-based immunostimulant therapy, combined with adjuvant therapy OPT-821, for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer.
Collaborations, Commercial and License Agreements
The company has repurchased the right to develop and commercialize fidaxomicin in North America and Israel from Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
The company has entered into a license agreement with Nippon Shinyaku Co., Ltd. Under the terms of the agreement, the company acquired the right to import and purchase Pruvel, and the right within the United States to develop, make, use, offer to sell, sell, and license products suitable for consumption by humans containing Pruvel.
The company has acquired worldwide rights to its OPopS technology from The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI). This agreement includes the license to the company of patents, patent applications and copyrights related to its OPopS technology. The company also acquired worldwide rights to approximately 20 TSRI patents and patent applications related to other potential drug compounds and technologies, including HIV/FIV protease inhibitors, aminoglycoside antibiotics, polysialytransferase, selectin inhibitors, nucleic acid binders, carbohydrate mimetics, and osteoarthritis.
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OPTIMER PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?