Oragenics Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Oragenics Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oragenics Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oragenics Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oragenics Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oragenics Inc. business.
About Oragenics Inc.
Oragenics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of products and technologies.
The companys technologies can be characterized as an over-the-counter consumer product or technology that requires the completion of all relevant the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) clinical trials and FDA approval before it can be marketed.
Consumer Healthcare includes oral probiotics that contain the companys ProBiora3 technology (food additive); and products for weight loss that revolve around LPT3-04 weight loss agent (food/nutritional supplement). The companys oral probiotics revolve around the ProBiora3 technology. ProBiora3 employs three naturally occurring strains of beneficial bacteria which promote oral health.
The company also markets products containing ProBiora3 under its own house brand names. These products are: EvoraPlus, a product with equal weight of all three strains that is designed for the general consumer market; EvoraKids, a product that has a concentration of the strain designed to address tooth health; and Teddys Pride, a product that has a mixture that is overloaded with two strains which focus on gum health, a problem endemic with cats and dogs.
EvoraPlus is a mint flavored probiotic tablet packaged in a 60 unit box with four 15-dose blister packs. EvoraKids comes in the same format as EvoraPlus except it has exchanged the flavoring to one that is preferable to children.
Teddys Pride comes in powder form, which is odorless and tasteless. The powder is sprinkled on a pets food once per day. It is sold in a pail containing a pre-measured measuring spoon that provides the pet the recommended dosage per application.
Weight Loss Product Category: The companys weight loss products are based on the discovery of LPT3-04. LPT3-04 is a naturally occurring compound, which is consumed in the human diet in small amounts.
Antibiotics includes DPOLT lantibiotic synthesis platform (for generation of drug products); and MU 1140, mutacin (drug).
DPOLT is a patented, organic chemistry synthesis platform that would enable large scale production of clinical grade MU 1140 and potentially 50 other known lantibiotics.
MU 1140 is an antibiotic that belongs to the class of molecules called lantibiotics. It is active against Gram positive bacteria responsible for a variety of clinically important diseases, such as MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and VRE (vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis).
Competition: MU 1140 would compete directly with antibiotic drugs, such as vancomycin and newer drugs, Cubicin (daptomycin) and Zyvox (linezolid).
The companys Biomarker Discovery division is driven by its two proprietary platforms for the identification of genetic targets that can be used in diagnostic tests, as well as in vaccines and therapeutics. The two platforms are PIVIAT (Proteomic-based In-Vivo Induced Antigen Technology) and PCMAT (Proteomic-based Change Mediated Antigen Technology).
PIVIAT: PIVIAT is a platform technology that enables identification of targets for use in the diagnosis and treatment of human infectious diseases.
PCMAT: PCMAT is a platform technology that was derived from and extends the potential applicability of PIVIAT. This technology rapidly identifies proteins (and their genes) that are expressed when a cell undergoes any sort of change. PCMAT has been used to identify proteins of both plants and pathogens that are expressed during infection.
SMaRT Replacement Therapy (biological drug): SMaRT Replacement Therapy is a single, painless, 1 time, 5 minute topical treatment that has the potential to offer lifelong protection against dental caries (tooth decay).
Oragenics, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORAGENICS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORAGENICS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORAGENICS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORAGENICS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORAGENICS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oragenics Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oragenics Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oragenics Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oragenics Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oragenics Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORAGENICS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORAGENICS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORAGENICS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORAGENICS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORAGENICS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORAGENICS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Oragenics Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oragenics Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Oragenics Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Oragenics Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oragenics Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oragenics Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Oragenics Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oragenics Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oragenics Inc. Major Shareholders
Oragenics Inc. History
Oragenics Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oragenics Inc. Offices and Representations
Oragenics Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oragenics Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oragenics Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Oragenics Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Oragenics Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oragenics Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?