- The report contains detailed information about Martek Biosciences Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Martek Biosciences Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Martek Biosciences Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Martek Biosciences Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Martek Biosciences Corp. business.
About Martek Biosciences Corp.
Martek Biosciences Corporation engages in the development and commercialization of nutritional products from microalgae, fungi and other microbes.
The company developed and commercialized life'sDHA, a vegetarian source of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), for use in infant formula, pregnancy and nursing products, foods and beverages, dietary supplements, and animal feed. It also produces life'sARA, a vegetarian source of the omega-6 fatty acid ARA (arachidonic acid), for use in infant formula.
The company has developed production methods and intellectual property for two important fatty acids, DHA and ARA. It sells oils containing these fatty acids as lifesDHA, DHASCO, Neuromins, ARASCO, and lifesARA. The company derives DHA from microalgae and ARA from fungi, using proprietary processes.
The company sponsors and participates with others in research to determine the benefit of DHA supplementation on cardiovascular health, Alzheimers disease and dementia. Additionally, Martek supports and provides oils for multiple ongoing clinical trials designed to further explore the benefits of DHA supplementation during pregnancy and nursing to assess the outcomes on both mother and child.
The infant formulas supplemented with the company's DHA and ARA manufactured by six of its licensees have been sold in the United States include: Mead Johnson Nutritionals under the EnfamilLIPIL brand; Abbott Laboratories under its Similac ADVANCE brand; Nestle under its Good Start Supreme DHA & ARA brand; PBM Products, Inc. under the brands Bright Beginnings, Vermont Organics and under private label brands, including Wal-Mart Parents Choice; Hain Celestial under the brand Earths Best; and Nutricia North America under the brand Neocate.
The companys customers include infant formula market leaders Mead Johnson Nutritionals, Nestle, Abbott Nutrition, Pfizer, and Danone, each of whom is selling infant formula supplemented with its nutritional oils. Its customers are selling infant formula products containing its oils collectively in approximately 75 countries. In addition, certain infant formula customers are selling products that contain its nutritional oils and target the markets for children ages nine months to seven years of age and older.
In addition to the DHA the company sells for use in infant formula, it developed certain separate and distinct DHA technology, DHA-S, that is derived from a different algal strain than its DHA authorized for addition to infant formula. DHA algal oil is also regarded as a traditional food in Japan and, as such, is acceptable for use in foods and beverages and dietary supplements.
The company sells DHA-S products into the dietary supplement, food and beverage, pregnancy and nursing and animal feed markets domestically and internationally. Its DHA-S and its infant formula DHA are each marketed under the brand life'sDHA.
In addition to selling microbial-based nutritional products, the company also performs work in connection with technical collaborations with corporate partners.
In August 2009, the company entered into a collaboration agreement with BP for the joint development of biofuels from microbial oils.
In February 2009, the company entered into a license agreement with an international food company for certain technology expected to be used in the production of Martek's life'sDHA for certain applications. Under the agreement, Martek was granted a perpetual and generally license to the technology.
The company has a collaboration agreement with a Canadian biotechnology company to co-develop DHA products from plants.
The company provides certain contract manufacturing services at its Kingstree, South Carolina facility. The facilitys fermentation capacity and various types of recovery equipment allow it to customize production processes for its customers and produce at significant volumes. The companys contract manufacturing services are particularly suited for the contracted production of enzymes, specialty chemicals, vitamins and agricultural specialty products.
The company's potential competitors include BASF AG, DSM, Cargill, Inc., Nippon Suisan, Suntory Limited, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Lonza Group, LTD, Nagase & Co., Ltd., Ocean Nutrition, and Monsanto.
Martek Biosciences Corporation was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Martek Biosciences Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Martek Biosciences Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Martek Biosciences Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Martek Biosciences Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Martek Biosciences Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARTEK BIOSCIENCES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Martek Biosciences Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Martek Biosciences Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Martek Biosciences Corp. Major Shareholders
Martek Biosciences Corp. History
Martek Biosciences Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Martek Biosciences Corp. Offices and Representations
Martek Biosciences Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Martek Biosciences Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Martek Biosciences Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Martek Biosciences Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Martek Biosciences Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Martek Biosciences Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Martek Biosciences Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Martek Biosciences Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Martek Biosciences Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Martek Biosciences Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Martek Biosciences Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Martek Biosciences Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?