- The report contains detailed information about Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. business.
About Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc.
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets tissue care products that cure infections and improve healing while reducing the need for antibiotics.
The companys platform technology, called Microcyn, is a solution of electrically charged oxychlorine small molecules designed to treat a range of organisms that cause disease (pathogens). These include viruses, fungi, spores, and antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria, such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE) in wounds, as well as Clostridium difficile (C. diff), highly contagious bacteria spread by human contact.
In the United States, the company device product has six clearances as a 510(k) medical device for the following summary indications: moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings for traumatic wounds requiring a prescription; moistening and debriding acute and chronic dermal lesions requiring a prescription; moistening absorbent wound dressings and cleaning minor cuts as an over-the-counter product; management of exuding wounds, such as leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers and for the management of mechanically or surgically debridement of wounds in a gel form and required as a prescription; debridement of wounds, such as stage I-IV pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, post surgical wounds, first and second degree burns, grafted and donor sites as a preservative, which can kill listed bacteria, such as MRSA & VRE and required as a prescription; and as a hydrogel, for management of wounds including itch and pain relief associated with dermal irritation, sores, injuries and ulcers of dermal tissue as a prescription. As an over-the-counter product, the hydrogel is intended to relieve itch and pain from minor skin irritations, lacerations, abrasions and minor burns. It is also indicated for management of irritation and pain from minor sunburn.
Outside the United States, the companys product has a CE Mark device approval in Europe for debriding, irrigating and moistening acute and chronic wounds in wound treatment by reducing microbial load and creating a moist environment. In Mexico, the company is approved as a drug for antiseptic treatment of wounds and infected areas. In India, its technology has a drug license for cleaning and debriding in wound management while in China there is a medical device approval by the State Food and Drug Administration for reducing the propagation of microbes in wounds and creating a moist environment for wound healing.
The company markets Microcyn60 in Mexico for the use as an antiseptic, disinfectant, and sterilant. The Microcyn has also received approvals use as a medical device in wound cleaning, or debridement, lubricating, moistening and dressing, including traumatic wounds and acute and chronic dermal lesions. It also markets its Microcyn Skin and Wound HydroGel as both a prescription and over-the-counter formulation. Additionally, the company markets its Microcyn Skin and Wound Care with preservatives as both a prescription and over-the-counter formulation. The new prescription product is indicated for use by health care professionals to manage the debridement of wounds such as stage I-IV pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, post-surgical wounds, first- and second-degree burns, grafted and donor sites. The company also markets its Microcyn Skin and Wound HydroGel for management of dermal irritation, sores, injuries, and ulcers of dermal tissue, including itch and pain relief as a prescription and as an over-the-counter product intended to relieve itch and pain from minor skin irritations, lacerations, abrasions, and minor burns.
The company has completed the commercialization of a Microcyn hydrogel for both wound care and dermatology in the U.S. It intends to pursue additional approvals in Europe, China, India, and Mexico. It has established partners and distribution channels for its wound care products in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia.
Partnerships and Agreements
The company had a strategic partnership with Innovacyn, Inc. Pursuant to this agreement, the company granted Innovacyn rights to market the Microcyn Technology in the North American animal healthcare market. In May 2010, Innovacyn received notice from Health Canada they can market these products in the Canadian market.
The companys partner, Union Springs Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of the Drug Enhancement Company of America, markets MyClyns, an over-the-counter first responder pen application, with Microcyn in the United States.
The companys prescription dental partner, OroScience, Inc. has the right to sell prescription dental products in the United States and Europe and has filed for 510(k) approval to market its product for use as an oral rinse in liquid form and for oral mucositis in a gel form.
In India, the company entered into an agreement with Alkem Laboratories, a pharmaceutical company in India, for the sale of Microcyn-based products in India and Nepal.
In November 2010, Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Onset Therapeutics. Under this agreement, Oculus and Onset Therapeutics would work together to bring products to the U.S. dermatology market, initially targeting atopic dermatitis and related conditions, while leveraging Oculus' unique Microcyn Technology platform.
The companys products are purchased by hospitals, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare practitioners who are the primary caregivers to patients being treated for acute or chronic wounds or undergoing surgical procedures.
The company was incorporated in 1999. It was formerly known as Micromed Laboratories, Inc., and changed its name to Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OCULUS INNOVATIVE SCIENCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Major Shareholders
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. History
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Offices and Representations
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Oculus Innovative Sciences, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?