- The report contains detailed information about Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing and commercializing products to treat serious diseases associated with inflammation, including cardiovascular and autoimmune diseases.
Product Development Programs
The company has one Phase 3 ready clinical program, A-002; and two Phase 2 clinical programs, A-001 and A-623. It has worldwide rights to develop and commercialize products in all indications and markets, with the exception of Japan. The company focuses its product development programs on anti-inflammatory therapeutics for cardiovascular diseases, lupus, and other serious diseases.
A-002 for Short-Term (16-week) Treatment of Acute Coronary Syndrome
A-002 is an orally administered pro-drug of A-001, which is a once-daily inhibitor of the IIa, V and X forms of the sPLA2 enzyme that has demonstrated potent anti-inflammatory, lipid-lowering and lipid-modulating treatment effects in multiple clinical studies. The company intends to initiate a pivotal Phase 3 clinical study to evaluate A-002 in combination with statin therapy for the short-term (16-week) treatment of acute coronary syndrome.
A-001 for Acute Chest Syndrome Associated with Sickle Cell Disease
A-001 is an intravenously administered, potent, broad-spectrum inhibitor of sPLA2, including forms IIa, V, and X. A-001 is being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical study for the prevention of acute chest syndrome associated with sickle cell disease in at-risk patients. The FDA granted orphan drug and fast-track designation for A-001 for the prevention of acute chest syndrome associated with sickle cell disease in at-risk patients. The company retains all worldwide product rights, except in Japan.
A-623 BLyS Antagonism Program
A-623 is a selective peptibody antagonist of the B-lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) cytokine that is initially being developed as a treatment for lupus. BLyS, also known as B-cell activating factor, or BAFF, is a tumor necrosis family member and is important to the development, maintenance, and survival of B-cells. A-623, as a peptibody directed against BlyS, was developed as an alternative to antibodies and is produced in escherichia coli versus antibodies that are produced in mammalian cells.
Eli Lilly and Shionogi & Co., Ltd.: In July 2006, the company entered into a license agreement with Eli Lilly and Shionogi & Co., Ltd., pursuant to which it obtained a license in all countries except for Japan to certain technology and compounds relating to sPLA2 inhibitors.
Amgen: In December 2007, the company entered into a license agreement with Amgen, pursuant to which it obtained a worldwide license to certain technology and compounds relating to A-623.
The companys competitors include GlaxoSmithKline plc; Via Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and Eisai Inc. It also competes with Human Genome Sciences, Inc.; ZymoGenetics Inc.; Immunomedics, Inc.; and Roche/Genentech, Inc.
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was incorporated in 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANTHERA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?