- The report contains detailed information about Nuvo Research Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nuvo Research Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nuvo Research Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nuvo Research Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nuvo Research Inc. business.
About Nuvo Research Inc.
Nuvo Research, Inc., a drug development company, focuses on the research and development of drug products that are delivered to and through the skin. The company is also involved in research and development activities involving WF10, a chlorite-based, immunomodulating drug through its 60% interest in Dimethaid AG.
The company operates through two segments: Topical and Transdermal Drug Delivery; and Immune System Regulation.
Topical and Transdermal Drug Delivery segment
The company researches and develops new drug product candidates for delivery to and through the skin. It develops various penetration enhancer formulations, multiplexed molecular penetration enhancers that interact with the skin so as to enhance its permeability thereby allowing certain drug molecules to pass into and through the skin to proximate tissues. The company operates high throughput experimentation systems that allow its scientists to rapidly screen combinations of existing molecular penetration enhancers (MPEs) and large numbers of potential drug formulations to measure their ability to permeabilize and permeate the skin.
The companys topical and transdermal drug product focus is primarily on the treatment of pain, particularly in cases where changing the dosage form of proven active drugs from oral to topical provides the possibility of clinical benefit. Its HTE platforms also have practical utility for diverse pharmaceutical, cosmetic, personal care, diagnostic and medical device applications, in which formulations suitable for modulating one or more properties of the skin, such as permeability, need to be developed.
Immune System Regulation segment
The immune system provides an essential defence to micro organisms, cancer and substances it sees as foreign and potentially harmful. The company's Immune System Regulation platform, WF10, a solution of OXO-K993 containing stabilized chlorite ions, focuses on supporting the immune system by targeting the macrophage, a type of white blood cell that coordinates much of the immune system, to regulate normal immune function.
WF10, a solution of OXO-K993 containing stabilized chlorite ions, appears to act on the macrophage. WF10 is approved in Thailand as a treatment for post radiation cystitis, but is not otherwise approved for marketing and sale elsewhere except in its diluted form, Oxoferin.
The companys main product, Pennsaid, is used to treat the pain and stiffness associated with knee osteoarthritis (OA). The drug combines a transdermal carrier (containing dimethyl sulfoxide, known as DMSO) with diclofenac sodium, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), and delivers the active drug through the skin directly to the pain site. Pennsaid is approved for sale and marketed under license or distribution agreements in Canada, Caribbean nations and various European countries, including Greece, Italy and the United Kingdom.
The company has completed preliminary testing of a new, improved version of Pennsaid, referred to as Pennsaid Plus. Pennsaid Plus may significantly increase the transport of diclofenac, the active therapeutic drug in both original Pennsaid and Pennsaid Plus, through the skin with less frequent dosing than Pennsaid. The company, in addition to Pennsaid and Pennsaid Plus, is developing topical pain medications for various pain conditions such as neuropathic pain and soft tissue injuries. Development of these topical drug candidates is being aided by the company's MMPE and HTE screening technologies.
Oxoferin, a topical wound healing agent, is a diluted form of WF10, a chlorite-based, immunomodulating drug. Oxoferin is marketed by Dimethaid GmbH and its partners in parts of Europe, Asia and South America as a topical wound healing agent under various trade names, including Oxoferin and Oxovasin. In 2008, the company signed a distribution and license agreement with a regional pharmaceutical company for Russia and some of the former Soviet republics, including the Baltic States.
The company competes with over-the-counter oral medications that are accessible without a doctor's prescription, such as acetaminophen and low-dose NSAIDs (Advil, Motrin, Aleve); oral, full dose, NSAIDs which are available only by prescription; oral COX-2 selective NSAIDs which are available only by prescription; and oral narcotics, such as opioid analgesics which are available only by prescription. In addition, Pennsaid would face competition in the United States from: The FLECTOR Patch for the topical treatment of acute pain due to minor strains, sprains and contusions; and Voltaren Gel 1% which contains the NSAID diclofenac sodium for the relief of the pain of OA of joints amenable to topical treatment, such as the knees and those of the hand.
Nuvo Research, Inc. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NUVO RESEARCH INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NUVO RESEARCH INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NUVO RESEARCH INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NUVO RESEARCH INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NUVO RESEARCH INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nuvo Research Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nuvo Research Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nuvo Research Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nuvo Research Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nuvo Research Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NUVO RESEARCH INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NUVO RESEARCH INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NUVO RESEARCH INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NUVO RESEARCH INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NUVO RESEARCH INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NUVO RESEARCH INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nuvo Research Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nuvo Research Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nuvo Research Inc. Major Shareholders
Nuvo Research Inc. History
Nuvo Research Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nuvo Research Inc. Offices and Representations
Nuvo Research Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nuvo Research Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nuvo Research Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nuvo Research Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Nuvo Research Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nuvo Research Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nuvo Research Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nuvo Research Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nuvo Research Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nuvo Research Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nuvo Research Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nuvo Research Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?