- The report contains detailed information about Santarus Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Santarus Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Santarus Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Santarus Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Santarus Inc. business.
About Santarus Inc.
Santarus, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in acquiring, developing, and commercializing proprietary products that treat upper gastrointestinal diseases and disorders.
The companys commercial organization is promoting Zegerid (omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate) Capsules and Powder for Oral Suspension, which are proprietary formulations that combine omeprazole, which is a PPI, and an antacid. The company developed these products as the immediate-release oral PPIs for the U.S. prescription market, and they have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, to treat or reduce the risk of various upper GI diseases and disorders, including gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD.
The companys commercial organization also promotes Glumetza (metformin hydrochloride extended release tablets) prescription products in the U.S., under the terms of an exclusive promotion agreement that the company entered into with Depomed, Inc., or Depomed, in July 2008. Glumetza is a once-daily, extended-release formulation of metformin that incorporates patented drug delivery technology and is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adult patients with type 2 diabetes.
In addition, in December 2009, the company received approval of a new drug application, or NDA, from the FDA for a new immediate-release omeprazole prescription product in a tablet formulation.
Zegerid Capsules and Zegerid Powder for Oral Suspension
The companys Zegerid brand prescription products are proprietary immediate-release formulations that combine omeprazole, which is a PPI, and antacids. Zegerid (omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate) Capsules is an immediate-release formulation that contains omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate in a capsule dosage form and is available in 20 mg/1100 mg and 40 mg/1100 mg dosage strengths. Zegerid (omeprazole/sodium bicarbonate) Powder for Oral Suspension is an immediate-release formulation that contains omeprazole and sodium bicarbonate in a powder for oral suspension dosage form and is available in 20 mg/1680 mg and 40 mg/1680 mg dosage strengths.
These products are indicated for the treatment of heartburn and other symptoms associated with GERD, short-term treatment (4-8 weeks) of erosive esophagitis which has been diagnosed by endoscopy, maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis, short-term treatment (4-8 weeks) of active duodenal ulcers, and short-term treatment (4-8 weeks) of active benign gastric ulcers. Zegerid Powder for Oral Suspension is also indicated for the reduction of risk of upper GI bleeding in critically ill patients.
Glumetza Extended Release Tablets
Glumetza (metformin hydrochloride extended release tablets) is a once-daily, extended-release formulation of metformin in 500 mg and 1000 mg dosage strengths that incorporates patented drug delivery technology and is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes. Metformin is one of the most commonly prescribed oral medications for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, and it is used to improve glycemic control in patients with diabetes.
Strategic Collaboration with Cosmo
In December 2008, the company entered into a strategic collaboration with Cosmo, including a license agreement, stock issuance agreement and registration rights agreement, under which the company was granted exclusive rights to develops and commercializes the budesonide MMX and rifamycin SV MMX product candidates in the U.S.
The company has licensed exclusive rights to Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc., or Schering-Plough, a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., to develop, manufacture and sell Zegerid OTC products in the lower dosage strength of 20 mg of omeprazole in the U.S. and Canada. The company also has entered into license and distribution agreements granting exclusive rights to Glaxo Group Limited, an affiliate of GlaxoSmithKline, plc, or GSK to develop, manufacture and commercialize prescription and OTC products in up to 114 specified countries (including markets with in Africa, Asia, the Middle-East, and Central and South America), and to distribute and sell Zegerid brand prescription products in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In addition, the company has entered into a license agreement granting certain exclusive rights to Norgine B.V., or Norgine, to develop, manufacture and commercialize prescription immediate-release omeprazole products in specified markets in Western, Central, and eastern Europe and in Israel.
The company's primary suppliers include Norwich Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Patheon Inc., and Union Quimico Farmaceutica, S.A.
The company sells its Zegerid products primarily to pharmaceutical wholesalers, who in turn seek to distribute the products to retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, hospitals and other institutional customers. Its major customers during 2009 included Cardinal Health, Inc., McKesson Corporation, and AmerisourceBergen Corporation.
The company's competitors have addressed the market for Zegerid prescription products through the development and marketing of many products, including branded PPI prescription products, such as Nexium, Aciphex, and Kapidex; generic PPI prescription products, such as delayed-release omeprazole, delayed-release lansoprazole, and delayed-release pantoprazole; OTC PPI products, such as Prilosec OTC, and Prevacid 24HR and store-brand versions; and other prescription and/or OTC acid-reducing agents, such as histamine-2 receptor antagonists and antacids.
Santarus, Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SANTARUS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SANTARUS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SANTARUS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SANTARUS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SANTARUS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Santarus Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Santarus Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Santarus Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Santarus Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Santarus Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SANTARUS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SANTARUS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SANTARUS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SANTARUS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SANTARUS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SANTARUS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Santarus Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Santarus Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Santarus Inc. Major Shareholders
Santarus Inc. History
Santarus Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Santarus Inc. Offices and Representations
Santarus Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Santarus Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Santarus Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Santarus Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Santarus Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Santarus Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Santarus Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Santarus Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Santarus Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Santarus Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Santarus Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Santarus Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?