- The report contains detailed information about Marshall Edwards Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Marshall Edwards Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Marshall Edwards Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Marshall Edwards Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Marshall Edwards Inc. business.
About Marshall Edwards Inc.
Marshall Edwards, Inc., a development stage pharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of drugs for the treatment of cancer.
The company is engaged in the clinical development and commercialization of its drug candidates, such as triphendiol, NV-143, and NV-128.
Clinical Product Developments
In 2009, the company entered into a third license agreement with Novogen Limited (Novogen) for the oncology compound NV-128. NV-128 is an investigational cancer compound which has been shown in pre-clinical laboratory studies to promote cancer cell death by targeting the specific protein regulatory pathway (AKT-mTOR pathway) in ovarian cancer cells that have become resistant to various drugs used to kill cancer cells. Structurally, NV-128 is an analog of phenoxodiol and triphendiol. NV-128 uses different molecular mechanisms to promote the death of cancer cells. The license agreement for NV-128 is an agreement under which Novogen grants to Marshall Edwards Pty Ltd (MEPL), a worldwide non-transferable license under its patents and patent applications and in its know-how to conduct clinical trials, commercialization, and distribution of NV-128.
The company has licensed from Novogen the rights to the Novogen patents and applications as they relate to phenoxodiol as an anti-cancer agent. It has conducted a phase II prostate cancer clinical trial using phenoxodiol as first line treatment in men with early stage disease at Yale Cancer Center and the West Haven Veterans Administration Hospital Connecticut in the U.S.
Triphendiol is a synthetic investigational anti-cancer compound based on an isoflavan ring structure. Triphendiol is an inhibitor of signal transduction in cells. Triphendiol has completed two Phase I human trials in Australia, which have demonstrated an acceptable safety profile and acceptable pharmacokinetic profile. Triphendiol has been granted orphan drug status for the treatment of pancreatic cancer and for the treatment of cholangiocarcinoma, or bile duct cancer, as well as for the treatment of Stage IIB through Stage IV malignant melanoma. Triphendiol has been granted an investigational new drug (IND) status to undertake clinical studies with orally administered triphendiol as a chemotherapy sensitizing agent in combination with gemcitabine in patients with unresectable locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic and bile duct cancers.
NV-143 is the primary active metabolite that is produced when triphendiol is introduced into animals and humans. NV-143 is a pan acting investigational anti-cancer drug that demonstrates anti-tumor activity against a range of tumor cell lines. In pre-clinical studies, it is found to be active against various melanoma cell lines tested to date and is able to sensitize melanoma cell lines to the standard of care drug, dacarbazine, and members of the platinum drug family. NV-143 is non-clastogenic and non-mutagenic in laboratory studies.
Marshall Edwards, Inc. was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Marshall Edwards Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Marshall Edwards Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Marshall Edwards Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Marshall Edwards Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Marshall Edwards Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARSHALL EDWARDS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Marshall Edwards Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Marshall Edwards Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Marshall Edwards Inc. Major Shareholders
Marshall Edwards Inc. History
Marshall Edwards Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Marshall Edwards Inc. Offices and Representations
Marshall Edwards Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Marshall Edwards Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Marshall Edwards Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Marshall Edwards Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Marshall Edwards Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Marshall Edwards Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Marshall Edwards Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Marshall Edwards Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Marshall Edwards Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Marshall Edwards Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Marshall Edwards Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Marshall Edwards Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?