- The report contains detailed information about AVI Biopharma, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AVI Biopharma, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AVI Biopharma, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AVI Biopharma, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AVI Biopharma, Inc. business.
About AVI Biopharma, Inc.
AVI BioPharma, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development and commercialization of therapeutic products based upon antisense and cancer immunotherapy technology.
The companys RNA-based drug programs are being clinically evaluated for the treatment of Duchenne Muscular Ddystrophy and demonstrated antiviral activity in Ebola, Marburg and H1N1 virus diseases and may prove applicable to other viral targets, such as HCV, Junin, and Dengue viruses.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) programs: The company develops a series of drugs for the potential treatment of DMD. It has two programs underway with drugs that skip exon 51 (AVI-4658) and exon 50 (AVI-5038) and are identifying lead candidates for exons 44, 45 and 53.
AVI-4658: The companys splice switching oligomer (SSO) drug, AVI-4658, targets the frequent mutations resulting in DMD, forces the genetic machinery to skip over an adjacent piece (one or more codons) of RNA, thus restoring the ability of the cell to process genetic instructions, thereby, allowing for production of a new, albeit truncated, dystrophin protein. A phase 1 human clinical trial in boys with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) was completed. The company has an ongoing phase 1b/2 systemic clinical trial with this product at the Institute of Child Health in London, the United Kingdom and the University of Newcastle, the United Kingdom.
AVI-5038: AVI-5038 is designed to skip exon 50 and potentially overcome the mutational block and restore dystrophin expression.
AVI-5126 Prevention of Restenosis: AVI partnered with Global Therapeutics, a Cook Medical Company, to evaluate AVIs cardiovascular restenosis drug candidate for use on a chromium cobalt drug-eluting stent (DES) for the treatment of cardiovascular restenosis.
Infectious Disease Programs: The companys infectious disease programs are focusing on single-stranded RNA viruses using its proprietary TSO technology with its PMOplus chemistry backbone to target the often fatal diseases, such as Ebola and Marburg Hemorrhagic Fevers, and H1N1 viruses, as well as other items included on the Department of Homeland Securitys list of bioterrorism agents, including Dengue and Junín viruses, anthrax and ricin.
AVI-6002 Ebola virus program: The company demonstrated significant survival in mice, guinea pigs and monkeys when they are treated with AVI-6002 post infection with Ebola virus. In 2008, the company filed an Investigational New Drug application (IND) with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In 2008, it received approval to move into the initial clinical study.
AVI-6003 Marburg virus program: The company demonstrated significant survival in mice, guinea pigs, and monkeys when they are treated with AVI-6003 post-infection with Marburg virus. In 2008, it filed an Investigational New Drug application (IND) with the FDA. In2008, the company received approval to move into the initial clinical study.
AVI-7367 H1N1 virus program: Pandemic H1N1 virus, also known as H1N1 or swine origin influenza virus, is often treated with the standard of care drug oseltamivir, also known as Tamiflu.
Strategic Alliances and Other Agreements
Isis Ercole Agreement: Ercole Biotech and Isis Pharmaceuticals entered into a collaboration and license agreement related to RNA splicing. This agreement established a cross-license between the parties granting each party certain rights under a selected set of the other parties patents and patent applications for the research, development, and commercialization of antisense therapeutics using RNA splicing. The agreement also established that certain gene targets become exclusive to each party under and during the term of the agreement.
Chiron Agreement: The company has an agreement with Chiron Corporation that granted it a license to Chirons patents and patent applications for research, development, and commercialization of antisense therapeutics against hepatitis C virus (HCV).
Cook Group Agreement: The company has an agreements with Cook Group Incorporated (Cook) for the development and commercialization of products for vascular diseases. Cook is a designer, manufacturer, and global distributor of minimally invasive medical device technologies for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Pursuant to its agreements, Cook licensed AVI-5126 for down-regulating c-Myc expression in the field of cardiovascular disease. Cook has taken over the clinical development of device-related programs for cardiovascular restenosis, including its AVI-5126 drug-eluting stent (DES) program, Resten-MP microparticle delivery program, and a program for catheter delivery of Resten-NG.
Eleos Agreement: The company has a cross-license agreement with Eleos Inc. (Eleos) for the development of antisense drugs targeting p53, a well-studied human protein that controls cellular response to genetic damage. Under the terms of the agreement, AVI granted Eleos a license to AVIs NeuGene third-generation antisense chemistry to treat cancer with p53-related drugs. In return, Eleos granted a license to its patents to AVI for treatment of most viral diseases with drugs that target p53.
Competitors with respect to the companys RNA-based technologies include Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Isis Pharmaceuticals, and Santaris. Competitors with respect to its Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) program include Prosensa and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), and BioMarin Pharmaceuticals.
AVI BioPharma, Inc. was founded in 1980.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AVI Biopharma, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AVI Biopharma, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AVI Biopharma, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AVI Biopharma, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AVI Biopharma, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AVI BIOPHARMA, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Major Shareholders
AVI Biopharma, Inc. History
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Offices and Representations
AVI Biopharma, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AVI Biopharma, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AVI Biopharma, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AVI Biopharma, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AVI Biopharma, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AVI Biopharma, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?