- The report contains detailed information about ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc.
ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a commercial stage, multi-specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, markets, and sells products in the United States. The company manufactures products through third party contracts, and in-licenses or acquires new technology to add to internal development activities.
The companys products and product candidates seek to treat serious diseases of the eye and allergies, and include therapies for ocular inflammation and pain, glaucoma, dry eye and ocular and nasal allergies.
The company has four products available for sale in the United States and Puerto Rico: Xibrom (bromfenac sodium ophthalmic solution) for the treatment of inflammation and pain following cataract surgery, Bepreve (bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solution) for the treatment of ocular itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis, Istalol (timolol maleate ophthalmic solution) for the treatment of glaucoma, and Vitrase (hyaluronidase for injection) for use as a spreading agent.
Xibrom (bromfenac sodium ophthalmic solution) 0.09% twice-daily
Xibrom is a twice-daily topical non-steroidal anti-inflammatory formulation of bromfenac for the treatment of ocular inflammation and pain following cataract surgery. The company received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Xibrom for the treatment of ocular inflammation following cataract surgery in 2005. In January 2006, the company received FDA approval of an expanded indication of Xibrom to include the treatment of pain following cataract surgery.
Bepreve (bepotastine besilate ophthalmic solution) 1.5%
Bepreve is a twice-daily prescription treatment for ocular itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis in patients two years of age and older. In September 2009, the company received approval from the FDA for, and launched, Bepreve in the United States.
Istalol is the companys once-daily eye drop solution of timolol, a beta-blocking agent for the treatment of glaucoma. The company received FDA approval to market Istalol in the United States in 2004 for the treatment of glaucoma.
Vitrase (ovine hyaluronidase)
The company launched Vitrase, a proprietary formulation of ovine hyaluronidase, for use as a spreading agent in 2005. Vitrase, when used as a spreading agent, is injected into connective tissue, where it modifies the permeability of such tissues and promotes diffusion of injected drugs, thus accelerating their absorption.
XiDay (bromfenac sodium ophthalmic solution) 0.09% once-daily
The company is in the process of developing a once-daily version of Xibrom, or XiDay, for the treatment of ocular inflammation and pain following cataract surgery. In August 2009, the company announced positive preliminary Phase III results from XiDay Phase III confirmatory clinical study.
T-Pred (tobramycin and prednisolone acetate combination product)
T-Pred is the companys proprietary formulation of a fixed combination product of tobramycin 0.3% and prednisolone acetate 1.0%. T-Pred is being developed for the treatment of steroid-responsive inflammatory ocular conditions where risk of bacterial infection exists.
Bromfenac lower concentration
The company is in the process of developing a lower concentration of bromfenac for the treatment of dry eye syndrome. In June 2009, the company announced positive results from a proof-of-concept Phase II clinical study in subjects with dry eye disease.
The company is in the process of developing ecabet sodium as a prescription eye drop for the treatment of dry eye syndrome. Ecabet sodium is marketed in Japan as an oral agent for treatment of gastric ulcers and gastritis.
In addition to ophthalmic solution development program, the company is in the process of developing a proprietary nasal formulation of bepotastine for the treatment of allergic rhinitis. In September 2007, the company obtained North American rights to nasal dosage forms of bepotastine, an investigational product for the treatment of allergy symptoms, from Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation (formerly Tanabe Seiyaku Co., Ltd.).
Other Product Candidates and Development Activities
These include a steroid product candidate to treat ocular inflammation, iganidipine, to enhance ocular nerve blood flow, and a new formulation of latanoprost, a prostaglandin, for the treatment of glaucoma.
Sales and Marketing
The company targets its commercialization activities towards ophthalmologists, optometrists and allergists, who are the most prescribers of ophthalmic beta-blockers, anti-inflammatories and allergy medications.
The company has supply agreements with Bausch & Lomb to manufacture commercial quantities of Istalol, Xibrom and Bepreve.
The company sells its approved products primarily to drug wholesalers, retailers and distributors, including large chain drug stores, hospitals, clinics, government agencies and managed healthcare providers, such as health maintenance organizations and other institutions. Its customers are AmeriSource Bergen Corp., McKesson HBOC and Cardinal Health, Inc.
The companys competitors include Allergan, Inc., Alcon Laboratories, Inc., Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bausch & Lomb, Incorporated, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, Pfizer, Inc., and Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ISTA PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ISTA Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?