- The report contains detailed information about Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in researching, developing, and commercializing prescription pharmaceutical products for ophthalmic and pulmonary diseases.
AzaSite (azithromycin ophthalmic solution) 1% is a topical anti-infective, in which azithromycin is formulated into an ophthalmic solution utilizing DuraSite, an ocular drug delivery system. Azithromycin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic that is derived from erythromycin. AzaSite is approved for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis in adults and children one year of age and older. AzaSite is marketed in the United States.
The company has entered into a license agreement with InSite Vision Incorporated (InSite Vision) pursuant to which it acquired rights to commercialize AzaSite for use in the treatment of human ocular or ophthalmic indications. The license agreement grants it rights to develop, make, use, market, commercialize, and sell AzaSite in the United States and Canada.
Elestat (epinastine HCl ophthalmic solution) 0.05% is a topical antihistamine developed by Allergan, Inc. (Allergan) for the prevention of ocular itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis. Elestat is indicated for adults and children at least three years old.
Restasis (cyclosporine ophthalmic emulsion) 0.05% is the approved prescription product in the United States for the treatment of dry eye disease. It is indicated to increase tear production in adults and children at least 16 years old whose tear production is presumed to be suppressed due to ocular inflammation associated with keratoconjunctivitis sicca, or dry eye disease.
Product Candidates in Clinical Development
Denufosol tetrasodium for the treatment of cystic fibrosis: The company is developing denufosol tetrasodium as an inhaled product candidate for the treatment of cystic fibrosis. Denufosol tetrasodium is an ion channel regulator that addresses the underlying ion transport defect in the lungs of patients with cystic fibrosis.
Prolacria (diquafosol tetrasodium) for the treatment of dry eye disease: Diquafosol tetrasodium is a dinucleotide which functions as an agonist at the P2Y2 receptor and is being developed for the treatment of dry eye disease. Prolacria, the proposed U.S. tradename for diquafosol tetrasodium ophthalmic solution 2%, is designed to stimulate the release of three components of natural tearsmucin, lipids, and fluid. Under its agreement with Allergan, the company is responsible for the development of Prolacria in the United States, and Allergan is responsible for the commercialization of Prolacria in the United States.
The companys partner, Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Santen), is developing a different formulation of diquafosol tetrasodium, which it refers to as DE-089, in Japan. Its agreement with Santen allows Santen to develop diquafosol tetrasodium for the therapeutic treatment of ocular surface diseases, such as dry eye disease, in Japan and nine other Asian countries,
AzaSite for the treatment of blepharitis: The company is developing AzaSite for the treatment of blepharitis that is under phase II clinical trial.
Glaucoma product candidates: The company has licensed technology for use in developing and commercializing new treatments for glaucoma from Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF). The company' has completed a Phase 1 proof-of-concept placebo-controlled, dose-ranging clinical trial (Trial 032-101) for INS11564 in glaucoma patients to evaluate the safety and tolerability of INS115644, as well as changes in intraocular pressure (IOP).
Allergic Conjunctivitis: The company's competitors include Alcon, Inc.; Novartis; Meda Pharmaceuticals; and ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Bacterial Conjunctivitis: The company's competitors include Alcon; Allergan; Vistakon Pharmaceuticals, LLC; and Bausch & Lomb, Inc.
Cystic Fibrosis: The company's competitors include Genentech, Inc.; Novartis; Gilead Sciences, Inc.; Pfizer, Inc.; Pharmaxis; and Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INSPIRE PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?