- The report contains detailed information about Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery and development of a new class of drugs called antisense drugs using antisense technology, a drug discovery platform to generate a pipeline of drugs.
Drug Discovery and Development
Mipomersen Mipomersen is an apolipoprotein B (apoB) synthesis inhibitor (ABSI) in Phase 3 development as a potential treatment to reduce LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C) in patients with high cholesterol and who are at high cardiovascular risk. Mipomersen is a second-generation antisense drug administered to patients through a once-weekly subcutaneous injection. It acts by decreasing the production of apoB, which provides the structural core for all atherogenic lipids, including LDL-C, which carry cholesterol through the bloodstream. In June 2008, the company licensed mipomersen to Genzyme Corporation as part of a strategic transaction to develop and commercialize mipomersen.
ISIS-CRPRx ISIS-CRPRx is an antisense drug that targets C-reactive protein (CRP), a protein produced in the liver. ISIS-CRPRx is in a Phase 1 blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation study designed to assess the safety and pharmacokinetic profile of its drug in addition to the initial effects of its drug on baseline CRP levels in healthy volunteers. Once completed, the company intends to initiate a Phase 2 program on ISIS-CRPRx and evaluate ISIS-CRPRx in patients with multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis with high CRP levels, atrial fibrillation following cardiopulmonary bypass and end-stage renal disease.
BMS-PCSK9Rx BMS-PCSK9Rx is an antisense drug that specifically targets proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9), an important protein involved in the metabolism of cholesterol and LDL. Its role is to break down the cell surface receptor that captures LDL particles. Bristol-Myers Squibb entered into a collaboration with the company to identify antisense drugs that target PCSK9.
ISIS-FXIRx ISIS-FXIRx is an antisense drug designed to treat clotting disorders. It targets Factor XI, a clotting factor produced in the liver. The company intends to begin investigational new drug (IND)-enabling studies on ISIS-FXIRx.
ISIS-APOCIIIRx ISIS-APOCIIIRx is an antisense drug designed to lower triglycerides to treat hypertriglyceridemia. Hypertriglyceridemia is an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease and is also a hallmark of metabolic syndrome. ISIS-APOCIIIRx targets apolipoprotein C-III, or apoC-III, a protein synthesized in the liver that plays a central role in the regulation of serum triglycerides. In preclinical studies, ISIS-APOCIIIRx mitigated symptoms of metabolic syndrome and reduced atherosclerosis in mice.
The company is pursuing the discovery and development of antisense drugs for metabolic diseases, such as diabetes and obesity.
ISIS 113715 ISIS 113715 is an antisense drug that targets PTP-1B for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. PTP-1B is responsible for turning off the activated insulin receptor. The company intends to initially develop ISIS 113715 as an adjunct to insulin therapy. It has completed Phase 2 trails for ISIS 113715 in patients with type 2 diabetes who had uncontrolled blood sugar despite treatment with stable doses of sulfonylurea.
ISIS-GCGRRx ISIS-GCGRRx is an antisense drug that targets GCGR. Glucagon is a hormone that opposes the action of insulin and stimulates the liver to produce glucose. ISIS-GCGRRx has completed Phase 1 trails.
ISIS-GCCRRx ISIS-GCCRRx is an antisense drug that targets the glucocorticoid receptor (GCCR).
ISIS-SGLT2Rx ISIS-SGLT2Rx is an antisense drug that targets sodium glucose co-transporter type 2 (SGLT2), which is the transporter for blood sugar re-absorption in the kidney. By specifically blocking the production of SGLT2 in the kidney tissue, the company can promote blood sugar excretion and reduce blood sugar levels, without having any effect on a related gene product, SGLT1. The company is evaluating ISIS-SGLT2Rx in a Phase 1 study designed to assess the safety and activity of the drug in healthy volunteers by measuring the effect on glucose e
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?