- The report contains detailed information about Genetic Technologies Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Genetic Technologies Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Genetic Technologies Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Genetic Technologies Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Genetic Technologies Ltd. business.
About Genetic Technologies Ltd.
Genetic Technologies Limited, a biotechnology company, focused on genetic testing and reproductive service businesses in the Asia-Pacific region. In addition, the company is pursuing commercial opportunities in other areas of activity, including out-licensing its non-coding patents globally; and supporting certain late-stage research and development projects.
Genetic Testing Business
The company provides paternity and related testing services in Australia. Other types of tests include Y chromosome testing, which determines if two males come from the same paternal line, that is have a common father or grandfather; mitochondrial DNA testing, which determines if two people come from the same maternal line; sibship testing, which determines if people are full siblings, that is have the same mother and father; maternity testing, which determines the mother of a given child; DNA typing, which reveals the DNA makeup of an individual; grandparent analysis, which determines the grandparents of a given child and is mainly used when the father of a child is deceased; antenatal DNA testing, which determines the father of an as-yet unborn child; and semen analysis, which determines if semen is present on an article of clothing.
Testing Services beyond Paternity Testing
Plant Testing: The company has formed a joint venture with the Victorian State Governments Department of Primary Industry, for the purpose of providing a genotyping service for plant testing to help plant breeders identify the genes responsible for the detection of commercially relevant traits, such as resistance to disease, accelerated growth, and the improvement of crop yields. It also holds interest in AgGenomics Pty. Ltd., which is located at the Victorian AgriBiosciences Centre at La Trobe University R&D Park in Melbourne, Victoria.
Medical Testing: The company has a strategic alliance with Myriad Genetics Inc. delivered to it the rights in Australia and New Zealand to perform DNA testing for susceptibility to a range of cancers. It announced a strategic alliance with Australian biotechnology company Bionomics Limited for the commercialization of the diagnostic genetic test for the condition Severe Myoclonic Epilepsy in Infancy.
Animal Testing: The company has acquired the assets of Genetic Science Services to expand the range of tests include relevant genetic testing in animals - for example, progeny testing in horses, dogs, deer, sexing in birds, and animal disease identification and susceptibility testing for a range of animals, including exotic and zoo animals.
During 2008, the company launched its Dog Attack Pack, a forensic tool enabling local government officers to collect samples from dog attacks and BITSA, a breed identification test that uses DNA analysis to provide a history of a dogs breed. In July 2008, the company acquired Frozen Puppies Dot Com Pty. Ltd., an Australian company specializing in canine reproductive services.
Forensic Testing: The company has developed an advanced forensics laboratory.
Athletic Performance Testing: The company acquired the commercial rights from the University of Sydney for a genetic test, known as the ACTN3 Sports Gene Test, which determines whether or not this gene is providing athletes with a genetic advantage for sprint-power performance. The company appointed Colorado-based talent identification company EPIC Athletic Performance Inc. (EPIC) as a distributor of the ACTN3 SportsGene Test product in the United States.
Reproductive Services: The company, with the acquisition of Frozen Puppies Dot Com Pty. Ltd. in July 2008, acquired a canine fertility clinic in Calga, New South Wales, Australia and established another clinic in Beijing, China.
The company's patent portfolio include intron sequence analysis; genomic mapping; electrophoresis standards; ancestral haplotypes; sports performance; immunotherapeutics; antiparasitics; and fetal cell recovery.
The Intron Sequence Analysis patents - allow for the detection of specific motifs within the genetic material in the non-coding regions of DNA which have been shown may be linked to certain alleles or haplotypes wit
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Genetic Technologies Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Genetic Technologies Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Genetic Technologies Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Genetic Technologies Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Genetic Technologies Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Major Shareholders
Genetic Technologies Ltd. History
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Offices and Representations
Genetic Technologies Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Genetic Technologies Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Genetic Technologies Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Genetic Technologies Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Genetic Technologies Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Genetic Technologies Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?