- The report contains detailed information about Response Genetics, Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Response Genetics, Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Response Genetics, Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Response Genetics, Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Response Genetics, Inc business.
About Response Genetics, Inc
Response Genetics, Inc., a life sciences company, engages in the research, development, marketing, and sale of pharmacogenomic tests for use in the treatment of cancer in the United States, Europe, and Japan.
The company offers proprietary analytical pharmacogenomic testing services of clinical trial specimens to the pharmaceutical industry. It also provides specialized laboratory services and diagnostic tests under the brand name ResponseDX for non-small cell lung cancer and colon cancer in 2008.
ResponseDX: Lung, ResponseDX: Colon, and ResponseDX: Gastric
ResponseDX: Lung consists of six tests, including ERCC1 expression, RRM1 expression, TS expression, KRAS mutational analysis, EGFR amplification and EGFR mutational analysis and ResponseDX: Colon consists of six tests: ERCC1 expression, KRAS mutational analysis, TS expression, EGFR amplification, and BRAF mutational analysis. ResponseDX: Gastric consists of three tests: The Response DX test measures the RNA expression of ERCC1, TS, and RRM1by RT-PCR from a patient's tumor tissue. PCR analysis of DNA from the patient's sample is used to determine EGFR amplification and BRAF, EGFR and KRAS mutational status.
The company developed assays for single genes comprising the ResponseDX panels for use in its CLIA lab. It is developing tests for antthracycline sensitivity in breast cancer and a test for EML 4-ALK fusion genes which are major for sensitivity to targeted therapy in lung cancer. Similarly, in bladder cancer, the company is developing a test, including ERCC1 and other genes associated with sensitivity to platinum, vinblastin and epirubicin containing regimens.
Diagnostic Tests for Other Cancers
In addition to ResponseDx: Lung, ResponseDx: Colon, and ResponseDX: Gastric, the company is developing and intends to commercialize tests of other types of cancer that identify genetic profiles of tumors that are more aggressive and recur after surgery. The company is also identifying genetic profiles of tumors that are more or less responsive to a particular chemotherapy.
Client Services for ResponseDX tests
The companys test services are also offered through the clinical laboratories service company Neogenomics Laboratories, a company focused on genetic diagnostic tests. Its tests are also offered internationally through the clinical laboratories company Genetic Technologies Ltd, a company focused on genetic testing and reproductive services business.
China: The company offers its services in China through a collaboration arrangement with a biotech company, Shanghai Biochip Company, Ltd. (SBC).
Japan and Asia (except China and India): The company offers its services in Japan through a collaboration arrangement with Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. (Hitachi), a diagnostics manufacturer in Japan. Under this arrangement, Hitachi processes specimens collected throughout Asia, except China and India, and Australia using its technology.
The company has collaboration with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. Once the company developed research-grade reagents for a particular biomarker or series of biomarkers, the pharmaceutical company may contract directly with Roche to generate reagents compliant with FDA standards for development of IVD tests to replace its research reagents for a particular biomarker or series of biomarkers.
License Agreement with the University of Southern California (USC)
The company has a license agreement with USC, pursuant to which USC granted it a license with the right to sublicense, the patents for RGI-1 and related technology, for use in human and veterinary diagnostic laboratory services, the sale of clinical diagnostic products, and the sale of research products to the research community.
The companys competitors include Genomic Health, Inc. and Genzyme Corpand Clinical Data, Inc.
The company was founded in 1999. It was formerly known as Bio Type, Inc. and changed its name to Response Genetics, Inc. in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Response Genetics, Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Response Genetics, Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Response Genetics, Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Response Genetics, Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Response Genetics, Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RESPONSE GENETICS, INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Response Genetics, Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Response Genetics, Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Response Genetics, Inc Major Shareholders
Response Genetics, Inc History
Response Genetics, Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Response Genetics, Inc Offices and Representations
Response Genetics, Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Response Genetics, Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Response Genetics, Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Response Genetics, Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Response Genetics, Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Response Genetics, Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Response Genetics, Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Response Genetics, Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Response Genetics, Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Response Genetics, Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Response Genetics, Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Response Genetics, Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?