- The report contains detailed information about Evotec AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Evotec AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Evotec AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Evotec AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Evotec AG business.
About Evotec AG
Evotec AG, a drug discovery and development company, focuses on providing integrated drug discovery services and alliances to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. In addition, the company has its own drug candidates at various stages of development either partnered or available for partnering. Its principal markets are North America and Europe.
The company provides solutions to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry from target to clinical development through a range of capabilities and capacities, including early-stage assay development and screening, fragment-based drug discovery through to medicinal chemistry and in vivo pharmacology. In its proprietary projects, the company is developing new treatments for diseases related to neuroscience, pain, and inflammation.
Products in Clinical Development
EVT 101: The companys product candidate EVT 101 is a first generation, orally available subtype-selective N-methyl d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist with potential for the use in treatment-resistant depression, pain, Alzheimers disease, and other indications. The company partnered with F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Roche) in 2009 to investigate the potential of EVT 101 in treatment-resistant depression. The company has completed a series of Phase Ib studies of EVT 101.
EVT 401, a P2X7 Antagonist Program: The purinergic receptor, P2X7, is a clinically-validated target for rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases. It is a member of a family of ligand-gated ion channels found primarily in cells of the immune systems where it is thought to play a role in inflammatory processes. The company completed a Phase I study with EVT 401.
VR1 Antagonist Program: The company is conducting its VR1 program in partnership with Pfizer. Jointly, it has identified chemical compounds that block VR1 and prevent it from signaling the sensation of pain.
EVT 302: EVT 302 is an orally active, selective and reversible MAO-B inhibitor. It is developing EVT 302 for the treatment of smoking cessation.
Other Research and Development Activities
P2X3 and P2X2/3 Antagonist Program: The P2X3 and P2X2/3 receptors are also members of the P2X purinergic receptor family of ligand-gated ion channels. The company has identified proprietary small molecule antagonists of P2X3 and P2X2/3 and is actively engaged in late-stage lead optimization.
H3 Antagonist Program: The company has identified and optimized selective classes of small molecule antagonists of the histamine H3 receptor.
In May 2009, the company acquired the zebrafish screening operations of Summit Corporation plc, including operations in Abingdon, the U.K., and Singapore.
In August 2009, the company completed the acquisition of 70% of the shares in Research Support International Private Limited, Thane, India (RSIPL) including its 51% share in Evotec-RSIL Limited, India (Evotec-RSIL).
The company has collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim to jointly identify and develop preclinical development candidates for the treatment of various diseases, including CNS-related disorders.
The company has a strategic drug discovery partnership with CHDI to help advance a number of their drug discovery programs. CHDI is a not-for-profit organization pursuing a biotech approach to finding therapies for Huntingtons disease.
The company has a drug discovery agreement with Ono Pharmaceutical. The collaboration applies its proprietary EVOlution platform for fragment-based drug discovery to identify novel and potent compounds against a protease target provided by Ono.
The company has entered into a research collaboration with Novartis to identify and develop novel small molecule therapeutics.
The company also has alliances with Cubist, Alios, Biogen Idec, and Vifor.
On October 5, 2010, Evotec AG has entered into a multiple target drug discovery collaboration with Shionogi & Co. Ltd. to identify small molecule modulators of various protein-protein interaction targets.
In October 2010, Evotec AG announced that it has entered into a collaboration with APEIRON Biologics AG, to initially identify small molecule modulators of DREAM (Downstream Regulatory Element Antagonistic Modulator), a novel target involved in perception of various pain mechanisms.
In November 2010, Evotec AG had signed within the NEU²-Consortium framework and partially funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, an agreement with Merck KGaA to develop pre- clinical candidates for an undisclosed neurological disease.
The companys main competitors for discovery alliances include BioFocus DPI, the service division of Galapagos NV, and Albany Molecular Research, Inc., as well as emerging Asian suppliers, such as WuXi PharmaTech, GVK Biosciences, and Syngene.
The company was founded in 1993. It was formerly known as EVOTEC BioSystems AG and changed its name to Evotec OAI AG in 2000. Further, it changed its name to Evotec AG in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EVOTEC AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EVOTEC AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EVOTEC AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EVOTEC AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EVOTEC AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Evotec AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Evotec AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Evotec AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Evotec AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Evotec AG Industry Position Analysis
6. EVOTEC AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EVOTEC AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EVOTEC AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EVOTEC AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EVOTEC AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EVOTEC AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Evotec AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Evotec AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Evotec AG Major Shareholders
Evotec AG History
Evotec AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Evotec AG Offices and Representations
Evotec AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Evotec AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Evotec AG Capital Market Snapshot
Evotec AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Evotec AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Evotec AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Evotec AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Evotec AG 1-year Stock Charts
Evotec AG 5-year Stock Charts
Evotec AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Evotec AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Evotec AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?