- The report contains detailed information about EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery and development of therapeutics through the use of its proprietary silico drug discovery technology to treat diseases of the central nervous system and lung conditions. The company has a pipeline of internally-discovered drug candidates in clinical development to treat diseases of the central nervous system and lung conditions. It also has collaborations with SmithKline Beecham Corporation (GlaxoSmithKline), Amgen Inc., and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics, Incorporated.
CLINICAL PRODUCT CANDIDATES
PRX-03140 for Alzheimers disease: PRX-03140 is a selective, small-molecule 5-HT4 agonist that the company is developing for the treatment of Alzheimers disease. PRX-03140 is being developed to provide improved cognition and to slow Alzheimers disease progression. The company completed a Phase 2 trial of PRX-03140 alone and in combination with an approved drug for Alzheimers disease (the cholinesterase inhibitor Aricept (donepezil)) in patients with Alzheimers disease in 2007. In May 2008, the company initiated two Phase 2b trials in Alzheimers disease.
PRX-08066 for Pulmonary Hypertension: PRX-08066 is a selective, small-molecule inhibitor, or antagonist, of a specific GPCR known as 5-HT2B. The company is developing PRX-08066 for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension associated with COPD. The company completed a Phase 2 trial of PRX-08066 in PH associated with COPD. This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2 trial enrolled 71 patients with PH associated with COPD. In August 2008, the company initiated a Phase 2b right-heart catheter study of PRX-08066 in patients with COPD and moderate-to-severe PH.
PRX-07034 for Cognitive Impairment associated with Schizophrenia: PRX-07034 is a small-molecule antagonist of a specific GPCR known as 5-HT6. The company completed multiple Phase 1 studies of PRX-07034 and, prior to October 2008, the company was developing PRX-07034 for the treatment of cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia. The company suspended further development of this program.
Vasovist is an internally discovered, injectable intravascular contrast agent that is designed to provide improved imaging of the vascular system using magnetic resonance angiography, or MRA. With a single injection, Vasovist enables the capture of three-dimensional images of arteries and veins in the body. In September 2008, the company's development and commercialization partner for Vasovist, Bayer Schering, terminated the Amended and Restated Strategic Collaboration Agreement by and between the company and Bayer Schering.
Significant competitors in the area of GPCR-focused drug discovery include Arena Pharmaceuticals, Acadia Pharmaceuticals, Addex Pharmaceuticals and 7 Pharma, and for ion channels its competitors include Vertex Pharmaceuticals and Sucampo Pharmaceuticals.
PRX-03140: If approved, PRX-03140, the drug candidate the company is developing for the treatment of Alzheimers disease, may compete with approved products from such pharmaceutical companies as Forest Laboratories, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG and Pfizer, Inc., and may compete with drug candidates in clinical development from other companies, including Medivation, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc and Pfizer, Inc.
PRX-08066: If approved, PRX-08066, the drug candidate the company is developing for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension associated with COPD, may compete with approved products from such pharmaceutical companies as Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Pfizer Inc., Gilead Sciences Inc., and United Therapeutics Corporation, and may compete with drug candidates in clinical development by other companies, such as Bayer Schering Pharma AG.
PRX-07034: If approved for the treatment of cognitive impairment (associated with schizophrenia), PRX-07034 may compete with approved products from such pharmaceutical companies as Forest Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG and Pfizer, Inc., and may compete with therapeutic product candidates in clinical development from other companies, including GlaxoSmithKline plc, AstraZeneca and Memory Pharmaceuticals Corp.
In addition, the company competes with a rang of products, including Magnevist and Gadovist by Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany, Dotarem by Guerbet, S.A., Omniscan by GE Healthcare, ProHance and MultiHance by Bracco Imaging S.P.A. and OptiMARK by Covidien Ltd. The company also identifies competition from: Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germanys Gadomer and SHU555C; Guerbet, S.A.s Vistarem; Braccos B-22956/1; Ferropharm GmbHs Code VSOP-C184; and Advanced Magnetics, Inc.s Ferumoxytol.
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EPIX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EPIX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?