- The report contains detailed information about ArQule Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ArQule Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ArQule Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ArQule Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ArQule Inc. business.
About ArQule Inc.
ArQule, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, engages in the research and development of cancer therapeutics. The company intends to produce medicines with differentiated mechanisms of action that target the specific biological pathways implicated in a range of cancers.
Clinical Stage Products
ARQ 197: c-Met Inhibitor
The companys primary product is ARQ 197, a non-adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-competitive inhibitor of the c-Met receptor tyrosine kinase (c-Met). Its ongoing Phase 2 clinical trial program with ARQ 197 encompasses six tumor types, including non-small cell lung cancer, c-Met-associated soft tissue sarcomas, pancreatic adenocarcinoma, hepatocellular carcinoma, germ cell tumors and colorectal cancer.
The company has licensed commercial rights to ARQ 197 for human cancer indications to Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd. (Daiichi Sankyo) in the U.S., Europe, South America and the rest of the world, excluding Japan and certain other Asian countries, where it has licensed commercial rights to Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd. (Kyowa Hakko Kirin).
ARQ 621: Eg5 Inhibitor
ARQ 621 is a small molecule inhibitor of the Eg5 kinesin motor protein. ARQ 621 has been shown in pre-clinical studies to potently and selectively inhibit Eg5 and sparing other members of the kinesin protein superfamily.
In 2008, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepted an Investigational New Drug (IND) for ARQ 621, and in 2009, the first patient was dosed in a Phase 1 trial with this compound. Its proprietary pipeline is directed toward molecular targets and biological processes with demonstrated roles in the development of human cancers. The most advanced candidate in this pipeline is ARQ 621, an inhibitor of the Eg5 kinesin motor protein that is in Phase 1 clinical testing.
ARQ 501 and ARQ 761: E2F-1 Activators
ARQ 501 and ARQ 761 are designed to kill cancer cells selectively and sparing normal cells through the direct activation of DNA damage response/checkpoint pathways.
Pre-Clinical Programs and Discovery Platform
B-RAF Kinase Inhibition
The company has identified a proprietary series of potent inhibitors of B-RAF with desirable drug-like properties as shown both in vitro and in vivo. It is pursuing pre-clinical development of a primary candidate from this program.
ArQule Kinase Inhibitor Platform (AKIP)
The company designs and tests kinase inhibitor compounds in silico (on the computer) to create new libraries of primary compounds that can be synthesized and purified using its proprietary robotic parallel chemistry platform.
Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.: The company has two agreements with Daiichi Sankyo that form the basis of a relationship for the development and discovery of oncology therapeutics. The agreement focuses on the co-development of ARQ 197 to treat cancer. The agreement signed in 2008, is focused on the application of its AKIP platform to develop a new generation of highly selective, anti-cancer kinase inhibitors.
Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co., Ltd.: The company has a license agreement with Kyowa Hakko Kirin to develop and commercialize ARQ 197 in Japan and parts of Asia.
Pfizer, Inc.: The company received payments from Wyeth related to compounds it provided to them as part of its chemistry services operations. In 2009, Pfizer acquired Wyeth, and the company learned that Pfizer is developing one of these compounds for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
On October 12, 2010, ArQule Inc. and Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited announced the expansion of their research, development and license agreement for the discovery of novel kinase inhibitors in the field of oncology. This expanded agreement establishes a third therapeutic target with an option for a fourth, in the field of oncology, and it includes a two-year extension based on the application of the proprietary ArQule Kinase Inhibitor Platform (AKIP) technology.
In the area of small molecule anti-cancer therapeutics, the company has identified various companies that have clinical development programs and focused research and development in small molecule approaches to cancer, including: Ariad Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Array BioPharma Inc., Astex Therapeutics, Cell Genesys, Inc., Cell Therapeutics, Inc., Curis, Inc., Cytokinetics, Inc., Exelixis, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Oxigene, Inc., Pharmacopeia, Inc., Plexxikon, Inc.,Telik, Inc., and Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
In addition, with respect to ARQ 197, the company is aware of various companies that are or may be pursuing various approaches to c-Met inhibition, including Amgen Inc., AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Cephalon, Inc., Compugen Ltd., Eli Lilly & Company, Exelixis, Inc., Genentech, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., Methylgene Inc., Pfizer, Schering-Plough, and Supergen Inc.
ArQule, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARQULE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARQULE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARQULE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARQULE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARQULE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ArQule Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ArQule Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ArQule Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ArQule Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ArQule Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARQULE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARQULE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARQULE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARQULE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARQULE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARQULE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ArQule Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ArQule Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ArQule Inc. Major Shareholders
ArQule Inc. History
ArQule Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ArQule Inc. Offices and Representations
ArQule Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ArQule Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ArQule Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ArQule Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
ArQule Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ArQule Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ArQule Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ArQule Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ArQule Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ArQule Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ArQule Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ArQule Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?