- The report contains detailed information about Advanced Cell Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Advanced Cell Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Advanced Cell Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Advanced Cell Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Advanced Cell Technology Inc. business.
About Advanced Cell Technology Inc.
Advanced Cell Technology, Inc., a biotechnology company, engages in the development and commercialization of human embryonic and adult stem cell technology in the field of regenerative medicine.
The company's business is focused on both the development and commercialization of adult stem cell transplantation therapies and embryonic stem (ES) cell based technologies. Its adult stem cell-based products are specifically targeted at therapies for heart and other cardiovascular disease and are at advanced stage of development than its human ES cell based technologies.
Human ES Cell Programs
The companys research and technologies are focused on solving this obstacle by creating stem cell therapeutics with compatible tissues. Compatible tissues are referred to as being histocompatible. The company has developed a method to derive human embryonic stem cell lines at the blastomere stage that does not result in the destruction of the preimplantation embryo. Its ES cell technologies are at the level of basic research or in the pre-clinical stage of development.
ES Cell Research Programs
The companys ES cell research programs are divided into three core categories: cellular reprogramming, its reduced complexity program, and stem cell differentiation.
Cellular Reprogramming: This research program involves development of therapies based on the use of genetically identical pluripotent stem cells generated by its cellular reprogramming technologies. These technologies can be used to generate patient-specific pluripotent cells and tissues for transplantation. Its fusion technologies involve the fusion of the cytoplasm of one cell into another.
Stem Cell Differentiation: The company intends to pursue differentiation approaches both in-house and through collaborations with other researchers who have particular interests in, and skills related to, cellular differentiation. These efforts include using both animal and human stem cell lines. The companys research in this area includes projects focusing on developing many different cell types that may be used in the future to treat a range of diseases. The companys researchers have generated retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) cell lines for use in its clinical retinal program and are working on projects to generate cell lines with particular focus on blood lineage and vascular epithelial cell lines from hemangioblast cells. The hemangioblast program is in preclinical development.
Adult Stem Cell Program: The companys adult stem cell-based program is developing an autologous myoblast transplantation therapy delivered using a catheter injection system to restore cardiac function in patients with advanced heart disease. The key target for the therapy would be heart failure patients with New York Heart Association (NYHA) scores Class II to IV. The companys transplantation therapy involves extraction through biopsy from a patient's thigh of myoblasts, which are non-embryonic, skeletal muscle stem cells that can be expanded in culture and injected back into damaged and scarred regions of the heart. It has received approval to proceed with its Phase II clinical trial, to evaluate the applications for myoblast transplantation in slowing and/or reversing the impact of heart failure.
The company's competitors include Geron Corporation; Genzyme Corporation; StemCells, Inc.; Aastrom Biosciences, Inc.; Viacell, Inc.; MG Biotherapeutics; Celgene; BioHeart, Inc.; Baxter Healthcare; Osiris Therapeutics; and Cytori.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Advanced Cell Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Advanced Cell Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ADVANCED CELL TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. History
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Advanced Cell Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?