- The report contains detailed information about Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. business.
About Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc.
Advanced Refractive Technologies, Inc. (ART), a medical device company, engages in the development marketing and of ophthalmic surgery products for use in the laser eye surgery and cataract surgery markets.
Waterjet Technology and Products under Development
Waterjet technology is a method for precision cutting of materials in various industrial applications. Water jets use the high pressure beam of water exiting the orifice to cut various materials, including tile, wood, plastic, metal, and stone. In general, industrial applications of waterjet technology are used in place of a laser or other device.
The technology uses a pneumatic-hydraulic pressure intensifier to produce a collimated high pressure water beam that is approximately the diameter of a human hair. This self-cleaning, eversharp hydro-laser can cut through tissue at 12mm (.5 inch) per second. The hydraulics are controlled by an embedded central processing unit with displays, gauges, controls, aspiration and irrigation fluidics familiar to ophthalmic surgeons.
ART is developing two ophthalmic surgical products utilizing its proprietary waterjet technology. The first is Accupulse, a device that uses pulsed waterjet technology to remove cataracts, and the second is Hydrokeratome, a device that uses a high-pressure micro beam of water to cut a corneal flap during LASIK surgery.
Accupulse Cataract Emulsifier: The Accupulse Cataract Emulsifier is an emulsification device designed for the removal of the cataractous human crystalline lens in the eye, a procedure before installing a new intraocular lens (IOL). The device creates a pulsating stream of saline solution, and the impact from the pulsating fluid emulsifies the cataractous human lens and breaks the lens into small pieces. The Accupulse simultaneously aspirates the emulsified tissue and removes it from the interior of the eye.
Hydrokeratome Corneal Cutting Device: The HydroKeratome is a corneal cutting device for use in the LASIK procedure. The HydroKeratome works by using a high-pressure micro beam of water to force a blunt dissection of tissue in the path of the water beam. The HydroKeratome uses an embedded CPU controlled pneumatic-hydraulic pressure intensifier to make the corneal flap. The HydroKeratome is designed to address various problems that are common with mechanical blade microkeratomes, such as poor visualization, inconsistent thickness of flaps, hazing, loose flaps, off center cuts, and lashes caught in gears.
The Company plans to distribute its products internationally through a series of agreements with distribution companies in major countries that handle other American and European manufactured ophthalmic products.
The Company identifies competition from companies that manufacture and or supply microkeratomes including Bausch & Lomb, Moria, Advanced Medical Optics, VISX, Alcon, LaserSight, and Nidek. The Company also identifies competition from, Intralase which has developed and markets a device for creating a corneal flap utilizing laser technology.
In December 2005, the Company acquired OptiMetrix Technologies, Inc. (OTI), a wholly owned subsidiary of UTEK Corporation (UTEK). OTI owns technology licensed from Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), operated by the University of California for the National Security Administration of the U.S. Department of Energy. The technology is designed to determine optical aging, optical metrics and the presence of cataracts and other optical diseases.
Advanced Refractive Technologies, Inc. was incorporated in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ADVANCED REFRACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. History
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Healthcare Equipment/Supplies Industry Statistics
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Advanced Refractive Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?