- The report contains detailed information about Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative treatments for infectious diseases.
Drug Candidate Pipeline
The company is focusing its efforts on developing three HCV drug candidates in two distinct classes: ACH-1625; ACH-1095; and ACH-2684.
ACH-1625, a Protease Inhibitor for Chronic Hepatitis C Infection: The company is evaluating ACH-1625, a protease inhibitor for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C, in a phase 1/b clinical trial to assess the compounds safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetic properties and efficacy in healthy volunteers and HCV-infected subjects.
ACH-1095, a NS4A Antagonist for Chronic Hepatitis C Infection: The company is also evaluating ACH-1095 for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C. ACH-1095 has been developed in collaboration with Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Gilead) is in late stage preclinical testing.
ACH-2684, a High-Potency Protease Inhibitor for Chronic Hepatitis C Infection: The company is evaluating this compound for the treatment of chronic HCV infection. ACH-2684 is undergoing IND-enabling preclinical testing.
ACH-702 for Drug Resistant Bacterial Infections: ACH-702 is a preclinical candidate with potency against a spectrum of bacterial pathogens, including methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Elvucitabine for HIV Infection: Elvucitabine is an antiviral being developed for the treatment of HIV infection. The company has evaluated elvucitabine in phase II clinical trials to further explore its safety and efficacy in HIV-infected patients up to 96-weeks of treatment, and the open-label extension of one trial remains on-going through 2010. The company licensed rights to develop and commercialize elvucitabine in China to GCA Therapeutics Ltd (GCAT). It retains development and marketing rights to elvucitabine in other territories.
ACH-1625, ACH-1095, and ACH-2684 for HCV: The company's products would compete with drugs approved for the treatment of hepatitis C, the interferon-alpha based products from Roche (Pegasys and Roferon-A) or Schering-Plough (Intron-A or Peg-Intron) and the ribavirin based products from Schering-Plough (Rebetrol), Roche (Copegus) or generic versions sold by various companies. In addition, its HCV compounds may compete with the interferon and ribavirin based drugs in development, such as Valeants ribavirin analog (Viramidine) and Human Genome Sciences Albuferon. Other products are also under development for the treatment of hepatitis C by companies, such as Abbott; Anadys; Avila Therapeutics; Boehringer Ingelheim; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Gilead; GlaxoSmithKline; Human Genome Sciences; Idenix; Intermune; Johnson & Johnson; Medivir; Merck; Novartis; Pfizer; Pharmasset; Roche; Schering-Plough; Valeant; and Vertex.
ACH-702 for Drug Resistant Bacterial Infections: ACH-702 would compete with drugs marketed for the treatment of serious gram-positive nosocomial infections, including vancomycin (multiple generic forms), Cubicin (daptomycin) by Cubist Pharmaceuticals; Zyvox (linezolid) by Pfizer; and Synercid (dalfopristin + quinupristin) by King Pharmaceuticals. In addition, ACH-702 may compete with other drugs under development for the treatment of nosocomial gram-positive infections, including dalbavancin in development by Pfizer; telavancin from Theravance; oritavancin by Intermune; doripenem by Johnson & Johnson; ceftobiprole by Basilea and Johnson & Johnson; iclaprim by Arpida; and garenoxacin by Schering-Plough. In addition, ACH-702 may compete with other drugs marketed or under development for the treatment of topical skin infections, including Altabax by GlaxoSmithKline and XOMA-629 by Xoma Therapeutics Ltd. It may also compete with the following companies that have a strategic interest in the discovery, development, and marketing of drugs for the treatment of bacterial infections: Abbott, Aventis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cubist, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Novartis, Roche, and Wyeth.
Elvucitabine for HIV: The elvucitabine would compete with the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors marketed for treatment of HIV infection, including Epivir (lamivudine), Retrovir (AZT), Ziagen (abacavir), Combivir (lamivudine + AZT), Trizivir (lamivudine + AZT + abacavir) and Epzicom (lamivudine + abacavir) from GlaxoSmithKline; Hivid (ddC) from Hoffman-La Roche; Emtriva (FTC), Viread (tenofovir) and Truvada (FTC + tenofovir) from Gilead; and Videx EC, Videx (ddI) and Zerit (d4T) from Bristol-Myers Squibb. In addition, elvucitabine may compete with other NRTIs under development for HIV by companies, such as Avexa, Medivir, and Koronis. Other drugs in other classes approved for treatment of HIV infection include Selzentry (miraviroc, an entry inhibitor) from Pfizer and Isentress (raltegravir, an integrase inhibitor) from Merck. In addition, there are other classes of drugs under development for the treatment of HIV infection by companies, such as Abbott, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Myriad, Roche, and Schering-Plough.
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACHILLION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?