- The report contains detailed information about Sony Financial Holdings Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sony Financial Holdings Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sony Financial Holdings Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sony Financial Holdings Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sony Financial Holdings Inc. business.
About Sony Financial Holdings Inc.
Sony Financial Holdings Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the life insurance, non-life insurance, and banking activities in Japan. The companys subsidiaries include Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd.; Sony Assurance Inc.; and Sony Bank Inc.
Sony Life provides customers with a range of life insurance products and services. The number of policies in force by Sony Life was approximately 4.7 million. Sony Life offers a range of products to fulfill diverse customer requirements, death benefit, and other similar protection products. Sony Life established a 5050 joint venture AEGON Sony Life Planning Co., Ltd. in preparation for establishing and commencing operation of a new life insurance company that develops individual annuity products for over-the-counter sale at banks, as well as through the Lifeplanner sales channel.
Sony Assurance sells automobile insurance and SURE medical and cancer insurance. It started selling overseas travel accident insurance in May 2009 and launched agency sales of pet insurance in January 2009 and cancer treatment insurance in June 2009.
Sony Assurance offers automobile insurance by using risk-segmented categories to account for each customer's driving characteristicsdistance driven per year, reason for car use, car model, number of years since first registering car ownership, age, and type of driver s license. Sony Assurance also offers the original Oritemo Rider to provide indemnity coverage for policyholders who are injured or have personal belongings damaged after exiting their insured vehicles temporarily while out for a drive.
Products and Services: Sony Bank is an Internet bank doing business solely through websites. These include a corporate site that makes information about the bank available, as well as service sites that customers use for their banking transactions. Its asset management products include Yen deposits (ordinary deposits, time deposits, and thrift saving deposits); foreign currency deposits (ordinary deposits, time deposits, and time deposits with special terms); foreign exchange margin trading; investment trusts; financial product intermediary services; insurance; loan products and credit cards; and asset management support tools.
Sony Bank Securities: Sony Bank Securities offers Sony Bank account holders equity and other securities trading services. Working with Sony Bank, Sony Bank Securities offers retail financial services to support customers looking for returns with a long-term perspective.
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sony Financial Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sony Financial Holdings Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SONY FINANCIAL HOLDINGS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Major Shareholders
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. History
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Offices and Representations
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?