- The report contains detailed information about MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. business.
About MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc.
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries and affiliates, operates insurance and financial business in Japan, the United States, Europe, Asian countries, and other areas in the world.
The company, through Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited (MSI), Aioi Insurance Company, Limited (Aioi), and Nissay Dowa General Insurance Company, Limited (NDGI), underwrites a range of non-life insurance coverage available in Japan, including automobile, compulsory automobile liability, personal accident, fire and allied lines, and marine insurance. It underwrites some lines of non-life insurance coverage overseas. The company also accepts and cedes reinsurance for certain lines of non-life insurance coverage.
In the life insurance business, through Mitsui Sumitomo Kirameki Life Insurance Co., Ltd., and Aioi Life Insurance Co., Ltd., its wholly owned subsidiaries, and Mitsui Sumitomo MetLife Insurance Co., Ltd., a joint venture with MetLife, Inc., the company underwrites a range of life insurance business in Japan.
In the overseas market, the company has developed a global network in 40 countries and regions which offers insurance products and services through offices, branches, subsidiaries and affiliates in each area. In addition, it offers various financial and risk-related products and services, including Japanese 401k plans, alternative risk transfer such as weather derivatives and insurance, financing guarantees, and risk management consulting.
LINES OF BUSINESS
The company engages primarily in underwriting voluntary automobile, compulsory automobile liability, fire and allied lines, personal accident, cargo and transit, hull, and other insurance, principally in Japan.
The company, in connection with bodily injury and property damage liability coverage, provides under certain circumstances settlement assistance services whereby it assists the insured, with the insureds prior consent and at its expense, in settling the insureds liability with other persons who make claims by negotiating, proceeding with a mediation, making an out-of-court settlement, or by proceeding with a civil trial and any subsequent appeals process for a final judgment.
The company underwrites automobile insurance for businesses, individuals, and households. The marketing for business customers is conducted through agents in charge of respective business customers, including agents affiliated with major corporate customers, such as Toyota Motor Corporation, Mitsui & Co. Ltd., Sumitomo Corporation, and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. The marketing for individual and household customers is also conducted generally through agents, including agents who are automobile dealers, gas stations, and automobile service stations, as well as through general agents.
The company classifies its customers for automobile insurance into two categories: fleet customers who take out policies each covering ten or more automobiles and non-fleet customers who take out policies each covering less than ten vehicles. Fleet customers generally include medium-size and large businesses, and non-fleet customers include individual and household customers as well as small businesses.
Compulsory Automobile Liability
Compulsory automobile liability insurance is designed to serve the public policy of assuring the injured in automobile accidents minimum payments for their claims against those who are liable due to the operation of automobiles involved in such accidents.
Fire and Allied Lines (Excluding Earthquake)
Fire and allied lines insurance (excluding earthquake insurance) is a traditional line of insurance written by the company. Fire and allied lines insurance (excluding earthquake insurance) generally covers dwelling houses, shops, offices, factories and warehouses in Japan and their contents against fire, flood, storm, lightning, explosion, theft and other perils. In addition, some policies cover loss of income caused and/or third-party liability by such perils. This type of insurance is written for individual customers to safeguard their personal lives and for business customers to protect their o
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MS&AD INSURANCE GROUP HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. History
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?