- The report contains detailed information about Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. business.
About Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd.
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd, through its subsidiaries, provides insurance and reinsurance solutions in Bermuda, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
The company operates through three segments: Montpelier Bermuda, Montpelier Syndicate 5151, and MUSIC.
The Montpelier Bermuda segment consists of the collective assets and operations of Montpelier Reinsurance Ltd. (Montpelier Re) and Montpelier Marketing Services Limited MMSL). Montpelier Re, its principal wholly-owned operating subsidiary based in Pembroke, Bermuda, is registered as a Bermuda Class 4 insurer. Montpelier Re intends to identify and underwrite insurance and reinsurance opportunities by utilizing proprietary risk pricing and capital allocation models and catastrophe modeling tools. MMSL, its wholly-owned U.K. subsidiary based in London, provides marketing services to Montpelier Re.
Montpelier Syndicate 5151
The Montpelier Syndicate 5151 segment consists of the collective assets and operations of Montpelier Syndicate 5151 (Syndicate 5151), Montpelier Capital Limited (MCL), Montpelier Underwriting Agencies Limited (MUAL), Montpelier Underwriting Services Limited (MUSL), Montpelier Underwriting Inc. (MUI), Montpelier Europa AG (MEAG), and Paladin Underwriting Agency Limited (PUAL).
Syndicate 5151 underwrites primarily short-tail lines, mainly property insurance and reinsurance, engineering, marine hull, cargo and specie, and a specialty casualty classes sourced from the London, U.S., and European markets. MCL, its wholly-owned U.K. subsidiary based in London, serves as Syndicate 5151s sole corporate member. MUAL, its wholly-owned Lloyds Managing Agent based in London, has managed Syndicate 5151 since January 1, 2009. MUSL, the companys wholly-owned U.K. subsidiary based in London, provides support services to Syndicate 5151 and MUAL.
MUI, its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary based in Hartford, Connecticut, underwrites insurance and reinsurance business, on behalf of Syndicate 5151. MEAG, the companys wholly-owned Swiss subsidiary based in Zug, Switzerland., focuses on insurance and reinsurance markets in Continental Europe and the Middle East, on behalf of Syndicate 5151 and Montpelier Re. PUAL, its newly formed, wholly-owned U.K. subsidiary based in London, underwrites business, on behalf of both Syndicate 5151 and third parties, with a focus on specialist contractors, recycling, and crime classes of business.
The MUSIC segment consists solely of the assets and operations of Montpelier U.S. Insurance Company (MUSIC, the companys wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
MUSIC is a domestic surplus lines insurer in Oklahoma and is authorized as an excess and surplus lines insurer in 47 additional states and the District of Columbia. MUSIC underwrites smaller commercial property and casualty risks that do not conform to standard insurance lines.
Lines of Business
In 2009, the company re-characterized its lines of business to Property Catastrophe-Treaty; Property Specialty-Treaty; Other Specialty-Treaty; and Property and Specialty Individual Risk.
The companys Property Catastrophe reinsurance contracts are typically all risk in nature, providing protection to the ceding company against losses from earthquakes and hurricanes, as well as other natural and man-made catastrophes such as floods, tornados, fires, and storms. The exposures covered by these contracts are losses stemming from property damage and business interruption resulting from a covered peril.
The companys Property Catastrophe reinsurance contracts are written on an excess-of-loss basis, which provides coverage to the ceding company when aggregate claims and claim expenses from a single occurrence for a covered peril exceed a certain amount specified in a particular contract. Under these contracts, the company provides protection to an insurer for a portion of the total losses in excess of a specified loss amount, up to a maximum amount per loss specified in the contract. The coverage provided under excess-of-loss reinsurance contracts may be on a worldwide b
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MONTPELIER RE HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. History
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?