- The report contains detailed information about Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. business.
About Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. engages in underwriting specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market.
Segments and Products
As of December 31, 2009, the companys operations included four business segments: Excess and Surplus Lines; Commercial Specialty; Reinsurance; and International Specialty.
Excess and Surplus Lines
The Excess and Surplus Lines segment focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite due to the risk characteristics of the insureds or the lack of insurers willing to offer such coverage because of the perils involved, the nature of the business, or the insureds loss experience. Three operations are included in the Excess and Surplus Lines business segment: Colony Group (Colony), Argo Pro, and Argonaut Specialty. These three operations focus on underwriting surplus lines coverage
Colony focuses on a class of risks that the standard market chooses not to underwrite. Its operations are divided into three focused divisions: liability, property, and automobile. Colony provides coverage to commercial enterprises, including restaurants, contractors, day care centers, apartment complexes, condominium associations, manufacturers, and distributors. A portion of its business, primarily transportation (commercial automobile) coverage, is written on an admitted basis.
Argo Pro comprises four divisions: Allied Medical (AM), Errors & Omissions (EO), Environmental (ENV), and Insight. AM targets medical facilities within the social services, miscellaneous healthcare, and long term care segments. EO targets insurance agents, lawyers, miscellaneous EO, employment practices and real estate related EO accounts. ENV offers package policies for environmental consultants and contractors, storage tanks, and dry cleaners pollution liability, as well as other environmental related liability exposures. Insight offers coverages for architects and engineers, accountants and insurance agents. All Argo Pro divisions focus on small to medium size risks.
Argonaut Specialty underwrites risks, primarily on an excess and surplus lines basis, which are slightly larger in size and complexity than those traditionally targeted by Colony. It underwrites primary casualty, and excess/umbrella coverages for hard to place risks and/or distressed businesses that fall outside of the standard insurance markets risk appetite.
The Commercial Specialty segment provides property casualty and surety coverages designed to meet the specialized insurance needs of businesses within certain defined markets. It targets business classes and industries with distinct risk profiles that can benefit from specially designed insurance programs, tailored loss control, and expert claims handling. This segment serves its targeted niche markets with a narrowly focused underwriting profile and an understanding of the businesses it serves. Five operations are included in the companys Commercial Specialty segment: Argo Select, Rockwood Casualty Insurance Company (Rockwood), Trident Insurance Services (Trident), Programs and Product Development, and Argo Surety.
The core operations of Argo Select consist of Grocery, Restaurants, and Specialty Retail (including dry cleaners, commercial launderers, convenience stores, and retail furniture stores). In addition, Argo Select partners with First Insurance Company of Hawaii (FICOH) to provide hurricane coverage for personal lines policies on the Hawaiian Islands. Argo Select provides property, liability, workers compensation, auto, and umbrella coverage throughout the United States.
Rockwood is a specialty underwriter of workers compensation for the mining industry. It also underwrites business coverage for small commercial businesses, including office, retail operations, light manufacturing, services, and restaurants. Rockwood underwrites policies on both a large deductible basis and on a guaranteed cost basis for smaller commercial accounts. In addition, Rockwood provides supporting general liability, pollution liability, umbrella liability, property, commercial automobile, and surety coverag
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARGO GROUP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS, LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Major Shareholders
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. History
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Offices and Representations
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?