- The report contains detailed information about Maiden Holdings, Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Maiden Holdings, Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Maiden Holdings, Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Maiden Holdings, Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Maiden Holdings, Ltd. business.
About Maiden Holdings, Ltd.
Maiden Holdings, Ltd., a holding company, focuses on serving the needs of regional and specialty insurers in the United States and Europe.
The company provides reinsurance through its wholly owned subsidiaries, Maiden Reinsurance Company (Maiden US) and Maiden Insurance Company, Ltd. (Maiden Bermuda). Maiden Specialty Insurance Company (Maiden Specialty), a wholly owned subsidiary of Maiden US, provides primary insurance on a surplus lines basis focusing on non-catastrophe property and inland marine.
The company has operations in two business segments, Diversified Reinsurance and AmTrust Quota Share.
Diversified Reinsurance segment consists of a portfolio of property and casualty reinsurance business focusing on regional and specialty property and casualty insurance companies located in the United States and Europe.
AmTrust Quota Share segment consists of the business ceded to the company pursuant to a Master Agreement with AmTrust. AmTrust, through its affiliates, cedes approximately 40% of its business to the company pursuant to a quota share reinsurance arrangement.
The Diversified Reinsurance segment of reinsurance business consists of a varied portfolio of property and casualty and accident and health reinsurance business focusing on regional and specialty property and casualty insurance companies located in the United States and Europe. This reinsurance is primarily written through treaties with other insurers on a quota share or excess of loss basis, as well as on a facultative basis, all of which are marketed primarily through third-party party intermediaries but also on a direct basis. Maiden Bermuda also provides quota share reinsurance support to Maiden US.
AmTrust Quota Share
Under the companys quota share reinsurance agreement (the Quota Share Agreement) with AmTrusts Bermuda reinsurance subsidiary, AmTrust International Insurance, Ltd. (AII), the company reinsures 40% of AmTrusts written premium, net of reinsurance with unaffiliated reinsurers. In addition, the company has the option to reinsure future lines of business added by AmTrust.
AmTrust is a multinational specialty property and casualty insurance holding company with operations in the United States, Europe and Bermuda. AmTrust has operations in three business segments:
Small commercial business insurance, which includes workers compensation, commercial package and other commercial lines produced by retail agents and brokers in the United States;
Specialty risk and extended warranty coverage for consumer and commercial goods and custom designed coverages, such as accidental damage plans and payment protection plans offered in connection with the sale of consumer and commercial goods, in the United States, United Kingdom and certain other European Union countries; and
Specialty middle-market property and casualty insurance for homogeneous, narrowly defined classes of insureds, requiring knowledge of the insureds industry segment.
In the Diversified Reinsurance segment, the company competes with reinsurers that provide property and casualty-based lines of reinsurance, such as Swiss Reinsurance Company Ltd., Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd., PartnerRe Ltd., Hannover Re Group, QBE Insurance Group, Transatlantic Holdings, Inc., Endurance Specialty Holdings, Ltd., White Mountains Re Group, Odyssey Re Holdings Corp., W.R. Berkley Corp. and Everest Re Group, Ltd.
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. was founded in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Maiden Holdings, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Maiden Holdings, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAIDEN HOLDINGS, LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Major Shareholders
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. History
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Offices and Representations
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Maiden Holdings, Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?