- The report contains detailed information about Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. business.
About Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd.
Platinum Underwriters Holdings, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, provides property and marine, casualty and finite risk reinsurance coverages. The company operates through two licensed reinsurance subsidiaries, Platinum Underwriters Bermuda, Ltd. (Platinum Bermuda), and Platinum Underwriters Reinsurance, Inc. (Platinum U.S), a U.S. reinsurance company.
Property and Marine
Property reinsurance protects a ceding company against financial loss arising out of damage to property or loss of its use caused by an insured peril. Property catastrophe reinsurance protects a ceding company against losses arising out of multiple claims for a single event while property per-risk reinsurance protects a ceding company against loss arising out of a single claim for a single event.
The companys Property and Marine operating segment includes principally property (including crop) and marine coverages that are written in the United States and select international markets. This business includes property catastrophe excess-of-loss reinsurance contracts, property per-risk excess-of-loss reinsurance contracts and property proportional reinsurance contracts. The company writes a limited amount of property facultative reinsurance. Marine reinsurance treaties include excess-of-loss, as well as proportional treaties.
Property: The company provides reinsurance coverage for damage to property and crops. Its catastrophe excess-of-loss reinsurance contracts provide defined limits of liability, permitting it to quantify its aggregate maximum loss exposure for various catastrophic events.
Marine: The company provides reinsurance coverage for marine and offshore energy insurance programs. Coverages reinsured include hull damage, protection and indemnity, cargo damage, satellite damage, and general marine liability.
Casualty segment principally includes reinsurance contracts that cover umbrella liability, general and product liability, professional liability, accident and health, umbrella liability, workers' compensation, casualty clash, automobile liability, surety, trade credit, and political risk.
General and Product Liability: The company provides reinsurance of various third party liability coverages to both small and large insureds in both commercial and personal lines predominantly on an excess-of-loss basis. This business includes commercial, farmowners and homeowners policies, as well as third party liability coverages such as product liability.
Professional Liability: The company writes reinsurance contracts for professional liability programs, including directors and officers, employment practices, and errors and omissions for professionals, such as accountants, lawyers, medical professionals, architects and engineers. The underlying insurance products for these lines of business are written on a claims made basis.
Accident and Health: The company provides accident and health reinsurance, most often covering employer self-insured or fully insured health plans, on a quota share and excess-of-loss basis. It also writes reinsurance of student health insurance, sports disability, Medicare and Medicare supplement and other forms of accident and health insurance.
Umbrella Liability: An umbrella policy is an excess insurance policy that provides coverage, typically for general liability or automobile liability, when claims, individually or in the aggregate, exceed the limit of the original policy underlying the excess policy.
Workers Compensation: The company reinsures workers compensation on a catastrophic basis, as well as on a per-claimant basis. It may provide full statutory coverage or coverage that is subject to specific carve-outs. The companys exposure to workers compensation would generally arise from a single occurrence, such as a factory explosion or earthquake, involving claims from approximately one employer.
Casualty Clash: Casualty clash reinsurance covers losses arising from a single event insured under approximately one policy or where there are multiple claimants under one policy. This type of reinsurance is analogous to property catastrophe reinsurance, but written for ca
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PLATINUM UNDERWRITERS HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. History
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?