- The report contains detailed information about AEGON N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AEGON N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AEGON N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AEGON N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AEGON N.V. business.
About AEGON N.V.
AEGON N.V., a holding company, operates as a life insurance and pension company worldwide. The companys businesses focus on life insurance, pensions, savings, and investment products. It is also active in accident, supplemental health, general insurance, and limited banking activities. In addition, the company is present in approximately 20 markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The company has the following geographic segments: the Americas (which include the United States, Canada and Mexico), the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and Other Countries, which includes Hungary, Spain, Taiwan, China, Poland, India and other countries with smaller operations.
Life and protection
AEGON USA provides permanent life, universal life, term life and variable universal life insurance and protection products. Its subsidiaries offer life insurance products modified to a specific segment of the U.S. market.
Permanent life: Permanent life insurance provides life-long financial protection. Most permanent policies have a cash value feature with implicit minimum interest rate guarantees prescribed by statutory requirements of between 4 and 5%. A customer may either withdraw the cash value, subject to withdrawal charges, or receive the benefit upon a predetermined event, such as the death of the insured.
Universal life: Universal life insurance has either a flexible or single premium. The contract has a feature that allows the customer flexibility as to when to pay premiums and with regard to the amount of the premiums, subject to a minimum and a maximum. The interest rate at which the cash value accumulates is adjusted periodically.
Term life insurance: Term life insurance provides protection for a certain period of time and allows the customer to select the duration of coverage and the amount of protection. The policy pays death benefits only if the customer dies during the specified term. The policies can usually be renewed upon expiration and premiums normally increase upon renewal. Certain term life insurance products sold in the United States, such as mortgage insurance and credit life insurance, provide a death benefit that decreases over the term period, based on a stated method.
Variable universal life: Variable universal life products in the United States are similar to universal life products, but include investment options and maintenance of investments for the account of policyholders.
Other life: Life products also include life insurance sold as part of defined benefit pension plans, endowment policies, post-retirement annuity products and group risk products.
AEGON USA offers accident, critical illness, cancer treatment, hospital indemnity and short-term disability policies. Some of these plans provide lump sum or specified income payments when hospitalized, disabled or diagnosed with a critical illness. Others pay scheduled benefits for specific hospital or surgical expenses and cancer treatments, hospice care and cover deductible, as well as co-payment amounts not covered by other health insurance.
Long Term Care (LTC) insurance products offered through Transamerica Long Term Care provide benefits to policyholders who require care due to a chronic illness or cognitive impairment. LTC Insurance serves as an asset protection tool by reimbursing policyholders for costly expenses associated with LTC services, and it may also help a family better manage the financial, health and safety issues that are associated with LTC.
Individual savings and retirement
AEGON USA offers a range of savings and retirement products, including mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities as well as investment advice.
Fixed annuities: Fixed annuities include both deferred annuities and immediate annuities. A fixed deferred annuity exposes AEGON to interest rate risk and lapse risk. Fixed annuities sold in the United States contain significant interest rate and longevity risks created by guaranteed annuity options and most also offer waiver of account value surrender charges upon the death of the insured. In the United States, AEGON USA sells group a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AEGON N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AEGON N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AEGON N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AEGON N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AEGON N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AEGON N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AEGON N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AEGON N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AEGON N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AEGON N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. AEGON N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AEGON N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AEGON N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AEGON N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AEGON N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AEGON N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AEGON N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AEGON N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AEGON N.V. Major Shareholders
AEGON N.V. History
AEGON N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AEGON N.V. Offices and Representations
AEGON N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AEGON N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AEGON N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
AEGON N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
AEGON N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AEGON N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AEGON N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AEGON N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
AEGON N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
AEGON N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AEGON N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AEGON N.V. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?