- The report contains detailed information about Knight Transportation Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Knight Transportation Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Knight Transportation Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Knight Transportation Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Knight Transportation Inc. business.
About Knight Transportation Inc.
Knight Transportation, Inc. operates as a truckload carrier. The transportation services that the company provides are asset-based dry van truckload carrier services, temperature-controlled truckload carrier services, and drayage activities between ocean ports or rail ramps and shipping docks, along with non-asset-based brokerage services, both on highway and rail.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 35 asset-based service centers (consisting of 29 dry van/drayage service centers and six temperature-controlled service centers) and 12 non-asset-based brokerage branches.
The company has two segments comprising of an Asset-based segment and a Non-asset-based segment.
Asset-based segment includes dry van, temperature-controlled, and drayage operations, which are geographically diversified but have similar economic and other relevant characteristics, as they all provide truckload carrier services of general commodities to a similar class of customers.
Non-asset-based segment consists of brokerage operations.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 3,407 company-owned tractors with an average age of 2.1 years. It also had under contract 329 tractors owned and operated by independent contractors. The companys trailer fleet consisted of 8,595, 53-foot long, high cube trailers, including 745 temperature-controlled trailers, with an average age of 4.9 years.
Knight Transportation, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Knight Transportation Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Knight Transportation Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Knight Transportation Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Knight Transportation Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Knight Transportation Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Knight Transportation Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Knight Transportation Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Knight Transportation Inc. Major Shareholders
Knight Transportation Inc. History
Knight Transportation Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Knight Transportation Inc. Offices and Representations
Knight Transportation Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Knight Transportation Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Knight Transportation Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Knight Transportation Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Railroads and Trucking Services Industry Statistics
Knight Transportation Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Knight Transportation Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Knight Transportation Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Knight Transportation Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Knight Transportation Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Knight Transportation Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Knight Transportation Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Knight Transportation Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?