- The report contains detailed information about Virginia Mines Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Virginia Mines Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Virginia Mines Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Virginia Mines Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Virginia Mines Inc. business.
About Virginia Mines Inc.
Virginia Mines Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and exploitation of mining exploration properties in Canada.
Poste Lemoyne Extension Property
The Poste Lemoyne Extension project is located in the James Bay area, province of Quebec, at approximately 475 kilometers north-east of the town of Matagami and 10 kilometers west of the Hydro-Quebec Poste Lemoyne substation, on the Trans-Taiga road. As at February 28, 2010, the project consisted of 446 claims covering 22,821.60 hectares. The claims are held 100% by the company.
The Anatacau-Wabamisk project is located 30 kilometers southwest of the Opinaca reservoir, approximately 290 kilometers north of Matagami, province of Quebec. The property is situated approximately 30 kilometers east of the James Bay Road. As of February 28, 2010, the property consisted of 975 designated claims totaling 51,355.67 hectares, split on two adjoining portions: the Anatacau part, with 207 claims constituting the southeast portion of the property, and the Wabamisk part, with 768 claims constituting the main part of the property. The company owns a 100% participating interest in the Wabamisk portion while IAMGOLD Corporation (IAMGOLD) owns a 100% participating interest in the Anatacau portion.
Lac Pau Property
The Lac Pau property is located in the vast James Bay region, in the northern part of the Caniapiscau reservoir, 70 kilometers north-east of the Trans-Taiga road. The property consists of 715 claims covering 34,861.96 hectares. The company is the sole owner of the claims.
La Grande Sud Property
The La Grande Sud property is located 70 kilometers southeast of the town of Radisson, within the James Bay territory, in the Province of Quebec. The property consists of 188 claims covering a surface area of 9,635.34 hectares, to the south of the LG-2 reservoir. The company holds 100% of the mining rights while Orezone Resources (Orezone) holds a 1% net smelter royalty (NSR) royalty.
The Auclair project is located 75 kilometers north-east of Nemiscau, in the James Bay territory, province of Quebec. It consists of 318 claims totaling 16,854.04 hectares. The company owns 100% of the mining rights but in virtue of an agreement signed in May 2009, Odyssey Resources Limited (Odyssey) has the option to acquire a 50% participating interest in the property
The FCI project is located 42 kilometers southwest of Hydro-Quebecs LG-4 airport, in the James Bay territory, province of Quebec. The property consists of 412 claims covering a surface area of 21,105.42 hectares, 36 kilometers southwest of Cargair float-plane base and of the Trans-Taiga road. The company owns 100% of the mining rights but in virtue of an agreement signed in May 2009, Odyssey has the option to acquire a 50% participating interest in the FCI property
The Coulon property is located 15 kilometers north-northwest of the Fontanges Airport operated by Hydro-Quebec, in the Caniapiscau area, approximately 700 kilometers to the east-northeast of Matagami in the James Bay region of the province of Quebec. As of February 28, 2010, the Coulon property consisted of 862 claims covering a surface area of 42,843.65 hectares. The company is the sole owner of the project.
On September 1, 2010, Virginia Mines Inc. announced the signing of a strategic alliance with Wemindji Exploration Inc. Both companies would jointly carry out geological reconnaissance, sampling, and exploration work on a territory covering a surface area of approximately 5,000 square kilometres, in the Middle North of Quebec.
On September 22, 2010, Virginia Mines Inc. has entered into an option agreement with Shield Gold Inc. on the La Grande Nord property located in the James Bay area, Province of Quebec. The Property consists of 3 blocks of claims for a total of 31 claims.
In November 2010, Virginia Mines Inc. had entered into a joint-venture agreement with Soquem, Inc. on the property LG-4, located in the James Bay region, Province of Quebec. The property comprises 27 blocks of claims for a total of 236 claims.
Virginia Mines Inc. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIRGINIA MINES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIRGINIA MINES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIRGINIA MINES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIRGINIA MINES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIRGINIA MINES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Virginia Mines Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Virginia Mines Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Virginia Mines Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Virginia Mines Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Virginia Mines Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIRGINIA MINES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIRGINIA MINES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIRGINIA MINES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIRGINIA MINES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIRGINIA MINES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIRGINIA MINES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Virginia Mines Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Virginia Mines Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Virginia Mines Inc. Major Shareholders
Virginia Mines Inc. History
Virginia Mines Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Virginia Mines Inc. Offices and Representations
Virginia Mines Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Virginia Mines Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Virginia Mines Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Virginia Mines Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Virginia Mines Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Virginia Mines Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Virginia Mines Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Virginia Mines Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Virginia Mines Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Virginia Mines Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Virginia Mines Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Virginia Mines Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?