- The report contains detailed information about Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. business.
About Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. operates as a mineral exploration and development company. The companys principal mineral resource property is the Oyu Tolgoi Project, located in Mongolia. The company also has two publicly traded subsidiaries through which it holds interests in coal resource properties in Mongolia and molybdenum, rhenium, copper, gold, and uranium resource properties in Australia.
The company also holds interests in other mineral resource projects in Asia, including a 50% interest in the Kyzyl Shear Project, located in Kazakhstan, through a shareholding in Altynalmas Gold.
Oyu Tolgoi Project
The Oyu Tolgoi Project is located in the Aimag (province) of Omnogovi, approximately 550 km south of the capital city of Ulaanbaatar and 80 km north of the border with China. The company operates the Oyu Tolgoi Project through its 100%-owned subsidiary, OT LLC. OT LLC, in turn, holds its rights to the Oyu Tolgoi Project through mining licence 6709A, comprising approximately 8,496 hectares of property. The company holds an interest in approximately 20,000 hectares of ML 15226A and approximately 20,000 hectares of ML 15225A.
Ovoot Tolgoi Coal Project
The Ovoot Tolgoi Coal Project is located in the southwest corner of the Omnogovi Aimag (South Gobi Province) of Mongolia within the administrative unit of Gurvantes Soum. Ovoot Tolgoi is approximately 40 km north of the Mongolia-China border at Ceke Shivee Khuren border crossing. The SouthGobi Energy Resources Ltd (SGQ)-controlled property surrounds and is adjacent to the MAK-Qinghua Mines (including the Nariin Sukhait mine) operations. These operations consist of open-pit mines on its 28.8 square kilometers mining license.
Metal Prospects: The company, through its 100% subsidiary Asia Gold Mongolia LLC, operates an exploration program in Mongolia on licences that are not part of the Oyu Tolgoi Project. Asia Gold Mongolia LLC holds approximately 230,000 hectares of land in 15 separate licenses including licenses. In addition, the company holds approximately 26,000 hectares in three licences at Kharmagtai (in joint ventures with Kerry Holdings and MCS).
The company holds a 50% voting equity interest in Altynalmas Gold, a company that holds a 100% interest in the Kyzyl gold project, which encompasses the Bakyrchik and Bolshevik gold deposits in northeastern Kazakhstan.
The company holds an 81% interest in Ivanhoe Australia. The principal asset of Ivanhoe Australia is the Cloncurry Project, which is a series of mining tenements covering an area of approximately 3,000 square kilometers in Queensland, Australia.
Ivanhoe Mines, Ltd. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IVANHOE MINES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IVANHOE MINES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IVANHOE MINES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IVANHOE MINES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IVANHOE MINES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. IVANHOE MINES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IVANHOE MINES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IVANHOE MINES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IVANHOE MINES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IVANHOE MINES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IVANHOE MINES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Major Shareholders
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. History
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Offices and Representations
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?