- The report contains detailed information about Fosun International Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Fosun International Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Fosun International Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Fosun International Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Fosun International Ltd. business.
About Fosun International Ltd.
Fosun International Limited engages in the pharmaceuticals, property development, steel and mining businesses. The company has investments in the retail industry and financial services, as well as a series of strategic investments. The company is a subsidiary of Fosun Holdings Limited.
The company operates its pharmaceuticals business through Fosun Pharma. With respect to pharmaceutical research, development and manufacturing, products researched, developed and manufactured by Fosun Pharma for the treatment of various diseases such as liver disease, diabetes and malaria remain leaders in their respective niche markets. With respect to pharmaceutical distribution, Sinopharm Holding, in which Fosun Pharma holds equity interest, operates the pharmaceutical distribution network in China. The major business areas of Fosun Pharma include the manufacture, research and development, distribution and retail of pharmaceuticals.
Property Development segment engages in the development and sale of properties in Mainland China. The company operates its property development business through Forte. Apart from Shanghai, Forte have property development operations in other major cities across China, including Beijing, Tianjin, Nanjing, Chongqing, Wuhan, Wuxi, Hangzhou, Xian, Changchun and Chengdu. During early 2009, Forte had a total of 34 projects under development (including projects undertaken by joint ventures of Forte) with an aggregate GFA of approximately 3,307,175 square meters.
The steel segment engages in the manufacture, sale and trading of iron and steel products. The company operates its steel business principally through Nanjing Steel United which has an annual production capacity of approximately 6 million tonnes. It has investments in steel companies, including Jianlong Group and Ningbo Steel. Its main products are medium and heavy plates with established branding advantages in various segments such as plates for shipbuilding, plates for oil pipelines and structural steel for wind power generators.
The company, through its subsidiary Hainan Mining, owns iron-rich ore mine and operates businesses, such as iron ore mining and trading. It also invested in other iron ore companies, such as Jinan Mining and Huaxia Mining and in other resources, such as coking coal, molybdenum and gold.
Retail, Financial Services and Strategic Investments
The company has a 17.3% interest in Yuyuan retail business. Yuyuan specializes in gold and jewellery wholesale and retail, as well as catering business. The companys other significant investments include Tebon Securities and Yongan Insurance, both of which are engaged in financial services. It owns 16.9% equity interest in Focus Media.
In 2008, the company acquired a 55% equity interest in Zunyi County Shiji Nonferrous Metal Limited Liability Company.
In 2008, the company acquired Hongshan Mining and Metal Co., Ltd. (Hongshan Mining) through a subsidiary, Hainan Mining United Co., Ltd.
Fosun International Limited was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Fosun International Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Fosun International Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Fosun International Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Fosun International Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Fosun International Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FOSUN INTERNATIONAL LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Fosun International Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Fosun International Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Fosun International Ltd. Major Shareholders
Fosun International Ltd. History
Fosun International Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Fosun International Ltd. Offices and Representations
Fosun International Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Fosun International Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Fosun International Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Fosun International Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Fosun International Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Fosun International Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Fosun International Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Fosun International Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Fosun International Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Fosun International Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Fosun International Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Fosun International Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?