- The report contains detailed information about Companhia Siderurgica Nacional that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Companhia Siderurgica Nacional. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Companhia Siderurgica Nacional financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Companhia Siderurgica Nacional competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Companhia Siderurgica Nacional business.
About Companhia Siderurgica Nacional
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional operates as an integrated steel producer in Brazil and Latin America. The company exports its products to Europe, North America, and Latin America.
The company operates parts of its business through joint-ventures with other companies. It has established a joint-venture with an Asian consortium at its subsidiary Nacional Minerios S.A. (Namisa) to mine iron ore; a joint-venture with other Brazilian steel and mining companies at MRS Logística S.A. (MRS) to explore railway transportation in the southeastern region of Brazil; and a joint-venture with Tractebel at Itá Energetica S.A. (ITASA) to produce electricity.
In 2009, the company obtained emissions permits and renewals of environmental permits, both for operations and for the development of new projects regarding steel and cement manufacturing, iron ore and limestone mining and logistics, including the expansion of the Casa de Pedra mine; the construction of the Transnordestina Railroad, to explore railway transportation in the Northeastern region of Brazil; and the operation of a cement mill at Volta Redonda.
The company produces carbon steel. From carbon steel, the company sells various steel products, both domestically and abroad, to manufacturers in various industries.
Slabs: Slabs are semi-finished products used for processing hot-rolled, cold-rolled or coated coils and sheet products. The company produces continuously cast slabs with a standard thickness of 250 millimeters, widths ranging from 830 to 1,600 millimeters and lengths ranging from 5,250 to 10,500 millimeters. It produces high, medium, and low carbon slabs, as well as micro-alloyed, ultra-low-carbon, and interstitial free slabs.
Hot-rolled Products: Hot-rolled products comprise heavy-gauge hot-rolled coils and sheets and light-gauge hot-rolled coils and sheets. The company provides coils of heavy gauge hot-rolled sheet having a maximum thickness of 12.70 millimeters. Heavy gauge sheet steel is used to manufacture automobile parts, pipes, mechanical construction, and other products. Light gauge hot-rolled coils and sheets produced by the company has a minimum thickness of 1.20 millimeters and are used for welded pipe and tubing, automobile parts, gas containers, compressor bodies and light cold-formed shapes, channels and profiles for the construction industry.
Cold-rolled Products: Cold-rolled products comprise cold-rolled coils and sheets. A cold-rolled product is a flat cold-rolled steel coil or sheet with thickness ranging from 0.30 millimeters to 3.00 millimeters. The company supplies cold-rolled coils in thicknesses of 0.30 millimeters to 2.99 millimeters.
Galvanized Products: Galvanized products comprise flat-rolled steel coated on one or both sides with zinc or a zinc-based alloy applied by either a hot-dip or an electrolytic process. Galvanized products are used to manufacture a range of products, such as bodies for automobiles, trucks and buses; manufactured products for the construction industry, such as panels for roofing and siding, dry wall and roofing support frames, doors, windows, fences, and light structural components; air ducts and parts for hot air, ventilation, and cooling systems; culverts, garbage containers, and other receptacles; storage tanks, grain bins, and agricultural equipment; panels and sign panels; and pre-painted parts.
Galvanized sheets, both painted and bare, are also used for gutters and downspouts, outdoor and indoor cabinets, various kinds of home appliances and similar applications. The company produces galvanized sheets and coils in continuous hot-dip processing lines, with thickness ranging from 0.30 millimeters to 3.00 millimeters.
In addition to standard galvanized products, the company produces Galvanew, galvanized steel that is subject to a special annealing process following the hot-dip coating process. This annealing process causes iron to diffuse from the base steel into the zinc coating. The resulting iron-zinc alloy coating allows required welding and paint performance. The combination of these qualities makes its Galvanew product particularly suited for manufacturing automobile
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Companhia Siderurgica Nacional and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Companhia Siderurgica Nacional and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPANHIA SIDERURGICA NACIONAL VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Major Shareholders
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional History
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Offices and Representations
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Capital Market Snapshot
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional 1-year Stock Charts
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional 5-year Stock Charts
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Companhia Siderurgica Nacional Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?