- The report contains detailed information about Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Metalurgica Gerdau S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. business.
About Metalurgica Gerdau S.A.
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the production of long steel. The company has 231 industrial and commercial facilities, four joint ventures and one associated company. It operates in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay, the United States, Canada and Spain.
The company supplies steel for the civil construction, industrial and agricultural sectors. It recycles approximately 10.4 million metric tons of steel scrap per year, transforming unwanted material into new products.
Long Steel Brazil
The companys Gerdau Sao Paulo mill is the rebar producer, with the capacity to produce 900,000 metric tons of steel and 600,000 tons of rebar for the civil construction sector. In Brazil, Comercial Gerdau serves as a sales channel for long, flat and specialty steel products made by the company and other manufacturers. With its 68 stores located throughout the country, Comercial Gerdau is the main distributor of steel in Brazil and carries a range of products for civil construction, industry, metallurgy and agriculture. Comercial Gerdau also provides value added services, such as fabricated reinforcing steel and flat steel processing.
Specialty Steel (Brazil and Spain)
The company, in 2006, acquired 40 percent of the capital stock of Corporación Sidenor, the main producer of specialty steel in Spain. Gerdau speciality steel is used mainly in the manufacture of auto parts. Gerdau steel is found in the engines, gearboxes, steering and suspension systems of automobiles, trucks, buses, motorcycles and tractors.
Gerdau Açominas, the companys main mill, is installed in Ouro Branco, in the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais. The mill's installed capacity is approximately 3 million metric tons. The steel produced by Gerdau Açominas is used mainly in the civil construction, naval and automotive industries and in domestic appliances and forged parts. Gerdau Açominas also produces high carbon steel wire rod for the specialized market sector. Among other applications, high carbon steel wire rod is used in PC Wire, which increases the resistance of concrete in large construction works, as well as Bead Wire, used in tires.
South America (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, and Uruguay)
Siderperu, a steel mill, is operated by the company in Peru. Diacos annual production capacity is 530,000 metric tons. In Uruguay, Laisa's capacity is 100,000 metric tons. In South America, Gerdau steel was used for major construction works, such as the TransMilenio project, a system of bus corridors built in Bogota.
Gerdau Ameristeel extended its operation range to the U.S. West Coast through a joint venture with Pacific Coast Steel, a major supplier of fabricated reinforcing steel for civil construction in that country. Callaway Building Products, producer of fabricated reinforcing rebar, provides higher value added steel products for civil construction. The acquisition of Fargo Iron and Metal Company (North Dakota) increased the capacity to store and process scrap, a raw material for the production of steel.
The company launched Zbar, a solution in steel to be used in bridges and other building structures exposed to harsh weather and adverse conditions. Zbar is a value added rebar product coated with layers of zinc and polymers. The coating protects the bars from corrosion and increases the durability of the structures. Gerdau Ameristeel products are used in various construction projects, hospitals, buildings, water treatment stations, and bridges throughout North America.
In Brazil, Banco Gerdau (Gerdau Bank) develops financial products and services to meet the financing needs of customers and steel market suppliers. In 2006, it served 719 customers through approximately 270 operations related to investment funds and deposit certificates and 450 credit operations.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Metals & Mining Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. METALURGICA GERDAU S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Major Shareholders
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. History
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Offices and Representations
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Metals & Mining Industry Statistics
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Metalurgica Gerdau S.A. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?