- The report contains detailed information about Universal Manufacturing Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Universal Manufacturing Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Universal Manufacturing Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Universal Manufacturing Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Universal Manufacturing Co. business.
About Universal Manufacturing Co.
Universal Manufacturing Co. (the Company) is a Nebraska corporation incorporated in 1945. During the fiscal year ended July 31, 1993, the Company phased out remanufacturing of engines and increased its remanufacturing and sale of component automotive parts to other Ford Authorized Remanufacturers. The Company continues to market and distribute remanufactured engines. The Company's current source for such remanufactured engines is Ford Motor Company. Previously, the Company's source for such engines was other Ford Authorized Remanufacturers. The Company also distributes Ford branded parts and products to Ford dealers, including, without limitation, remanufactured diesel parts, transmissions and Ford branded car care products.
The Company and Rainbo Oil Company of Dubuque, Iowa formed Rainbo Company LLC, a Nebraska limited liability company on September 21, 2000. Universal Distribution LLC, a 99% owned subsidiary of the Company, owns a fifty percent membership interest in Rainbo Company LLC and Rainbo Oil Company owns the remaining fifty percent membership interest.
The Company is engaged in the business of selling on a wholesale basis remanufactured automotive parts for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury automobiles and trucks. It is a franchised remanufacturer for Ford Motor Company. Used automotive parts are the basic raw materials. The principal markets for the Company's products are automotive dealers, parts jobber supply houses and other Ford Authorized Distributors. The Company has refocused its distribution efforts from parts jobber supply houses to independent warehouse distributors and warehouses. In addition to its remanufacturing activities, the Company also sells, under a warehouse distributorship agreement with Ford Motor Company, clutches, pressure plates, torque converters, transmissions, engine assemblies, remanufactured diesel parts, power steering pumps, steering gears, starters, alternators, ABS modules and Ford branded car care products.
Effective October 1, 1998, the Company signed a new sales agreement with the Ford Customer Service Division of the Ford Motor Company. This sales agreement establishes the Company as a Ford Authorized Distributor and requires the Company to distribute remanufactured products, Motorcraft branded products and certain other Ford branded products to Ford Motor Company and Lincoln-Mercury dealerships in territories near the Company's distribution centers according to prescribed distribution standards.
The Company's existing sales agreement with Ford Motor Company authorizes the distribution of Ford branded replacement engine assemblies, transmission assemblies, and other components to Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealerships. In addition, the current sales agreement authorizes the distribution of Motorcraft branded replacement parts to Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealerships and to independent installers.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Universal Manufacturing Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Universal Manufacturing Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Universal Manufacturing Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Universal Manufacturing Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Universal Manufacturing Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Universal Manufacturing Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Universal Manufacturing Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Universal Manufacturing Co. Major Shareholders
Universal Manufacturing Co. History
Universal Manufacturing Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Universal Manufacturing Co. Offices and Representations
Universal Manufacturing Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Universal Manufacturing Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Universal Manufacturing Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Universal Manufacturing Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Universal Manufacturing Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Universal Manufacturing Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Universal Manufacturing Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Universal Manufacturing Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Manufacturing Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Universal Manufacturing Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Universal Manufacturing Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Manufacturing Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?