- The report contains detailed information about NSK Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NSK Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NSK Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NSK Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NSK Ltd. business.
About NSK Ltd.
NSK, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of rolling bearings and other automotive products primarily in Japan, the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The company operates in three business segments: the Industrial Machinery Bearings Segment, the Automotive Products Segment, and the Precision Machinery and Parts Segment.
Industrial Machinery Bearings Segment
The Industrial Machinery Bearings Segment includes standard ball bearings (miniature and small-sized ball bearings, normal-sized ball bearings) and bearings for general industrial use (tapered and cylindrical roller bearings, large-sized ball bearings).
The company supplies bearings that respond to various needs in various business sectors. Products range from miniature bearings with an outside diameter of 2 mm to bearings with an outside diameter of 6 m, to products designed for high speed, heavy loads and special environments. It supplies bearings for three sectors, including the general industry machinery sector, including steelmaking equipment, machine tools, wind turbines, construction machinery, rail cars and mining machinery; the electrical machinery; and IT equipment sector, including home appliances and personal computers; and the aftermarket sector.
Automotive Products Segment
The Automotive Products Segment offers a range of products, including bearings for automotive products, steering-related products, such as electric power steering (EPS) systems, steering columns and joints, and clutches for automatic transmissions (AT). The company offers hub unit bearings for wheels, needle roller bearings, small-sized tapered roller bearings, standard ball bearings, and steering columns. It supplies bearings for use in engines, chassis, drivetrains and other parts of motor vehicles.
Precision Machinery and Parts Segment
The Precision machinery and Parts Segment products include linear motion products, such as ball screws and linear guides, mechatronics products, such as XY tables and megatorque motors, and photofabrication equipment for liquid crystal display (LCD) color filter production. Precision machinery and parts manufactured by the company are used in machine tools, industrial robots, semiconductor and liquid crystal production equipment and various other applications.
The company has a joint venture with ABC Bearings Limited in India. The new company, named NSK-ABC Bearings, Ltd., would manufacture automotive bearings. It owns a 75% share in the new company and ABC Bearings, 25%. The new plant would manufacture products, including hub unit bearings, ball bearings for transmissions, and ball bearings for magnetic clutches.
NSK, Ltd. was founded in 1914.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NSK LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NSK LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NSK LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NSK LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NSK LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NSK Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NSK Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NSK Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NSK Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NSK Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. NSK LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NSK LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NSK LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NSK LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NSK LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NSK LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NSK Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NSK Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NSK Ltd. Major Shareholders
NSK Ltd. History
NSK Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NSK Ltd. Offices and Representations
NSK Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NSK Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NSK Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
NSK Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
NSK Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NSK Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NSK Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NSK Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
NSK Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
NSK Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NSK Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NSK Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?