- The report contains detailed information about LB Foster Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LB Foster Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LB Foster Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LB Foster Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LB Foster Co. business.
About LB Foster Co.
L. B. Foster Company engages in the manufacture, fabrication, and distribution of products and services for the rail, construction, energy, and utility markets.
The companys segments include Rail Products, Construction Products, and Tubular Products.
This segment offers heavy and light rail, relay rail, concrete ties, insulated rail joints, rail accessories and transit products. The company operates as a rail products supplier to industrial plants, contractors, railroads, mines, and mass transit systems.
The company sells heavy rail mainly to transit authorities, industrial companies, and rail contractors for railroad sidings, plant trackage, and other carrier and material handling applications. Additionally, the company sells heavy rail to railroad companies and to foreign buyers. It sells light rail for mining and material handling applications.
Rail accessories include trackwork, ties, track spikes, bolts, angle bars and other products required to install or maintain rail lines. These products are sold to railroads, rail contractors, industrial customers, and transit agencies and are manufactured within the company or purchased from other manufacturers.
The companys Allegheny Rail Products (ARP) division engineers and markets insulated rail joints and related accessories for the railroad and mass transit industries. Its Transit Products division supplies power rail, direct fixation fasteners, coverboards and special accessories primarily for mass transit systems. Most of these products are manufactured by subcontractors and are usually sold by sealed bid to transit authorities or to rail contractors, worldwide. The companys Trackwork division sells new and relay trackwork for industrial and export markets. Its CXT subsidiary manufactures engineered concrete railroad ties for the railroad and transit industries.
This segment offers sheet, pipe and bearing piling, fabricated highway products, and precast concrete buildings.
Sheet piling products are interlocking structural steel sections that are generally used to provide lateral support at construction sites. Bearing piling products are steel H-beam sections which, in their principal use, are driven into the ground for support of structures such as bridge piers and high-rise buildings. Sheet piling is sold or rented and bearing piling is sold principally to public projects, as well as the private sector.
Other construction products consist of precast concrete buildings, sold principally to national and state parks, and fabricated highway products. Fabricated highway products consist principally of fabricated structural steel, bridge decking, aluminum and steel bridge rail and other bridge products, which are fabricated by the company. The major purchasers of these products are contractors for state, municipal and other governmental projects.
This segment provides fusion bond and other coatings for corrosion protection on oil, gas and other pipelines. It also supplies special pipe products such as water well casing, column pipe, couplings, and related products for agricultural, municipal and industrial water wells. The company sells micropiles for construction foundation repair and slope stabilization.
In 2009, the company completed the formation of a joint venture with L B Industries, Inc. and another party. The company has a 45% ownership interest in the new joint venture, L B Pipe & Coupling Products, LLC. This venture manufactures, markets, and sells various products for the energy, utility and construction markets.
Sales and Marketing
L. B. Foster Company markets its rail, construction and tubular products directly in all major industrial areas of the United States. The company maintains 14 sales offices and 15 warehouses, plant and yard facilities located throughout the country.
L.B. Foster Company was founded in 1902.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LB FOSTER CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LB FOSTER CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LB FOSTER CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LB FOSTER CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LB FOSTER CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LB Foster Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LB Foster Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LB Foster Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LB Foster Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Heavy Machinery Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LB Foster Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. LB FOSTER CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LB FOSTER CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LB FOSTER CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LB FOSTER CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LB FOSTER CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LB FOSTER CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LB Foster Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LB Foster Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LB Foster Co. Major Shareholders
LB Foster Co. History
LB Foster Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LB Foster Co. Offices and Representations
LB Foster Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LB Foster Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LB Foster Co. Capital Market Snapshot
LB Foster Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Heavy Machinery Industry Statistics
LB Foster Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LB Foster Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LB Foster Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LB Foster Co. 1-year Stock Charts
LB Foster Co. 5-year Stock Charts
LB Foster Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LB Foster Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LB Foster Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?