- The report contains detailed information about Icahn Enterprises, L.P. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Icahn Enterprises, L.P.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Icahn Enterprises, L.P. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Icahn Enterprises, L.P. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Icahn Enterprises, L.P. business.
About Icahn Enterprises, L.P.
Icahn Enterprises L.P. operates as a diversified holding company. The company owns subsidiaries engaged in the following businesses: Investment Management, Automotive, Metals, Real Estate, and Home Fashion.
The Private Funds seek to acquire securities in companies that trade at a discount to inherent value as determined by various metrics including replacement cost, break-up value, cash flow and earnings power and liquidation value.
The company has a majority interest in Federal-Mogul Corporation, or Federal-Mogul. Federal-Mogul is a supplier of powertrain and safety technologies, serving the original equipment manufacturers, or OEMs, of automotive, light commercial, heavy-duty, agricultural, marine, rail, off-road and industrial vehicles, as well as the worldwide aftermarket.
Mogul conducts its operations through various manufacturing, distribution, and technical centers that are wholly owned subsidiaries or partially owned joint ventures, organized into four product groups: Powertrain Energy, Powertrain Sealing and Bearings, Vehicle Safety and Protection and Global Aftermarket. Federal-Mogul offers its customers an array of products for OEM, and replacement parts, or aftermarket, applications including pistons, piston rings, piston pins, cylinder liners, valve seats and guides ignition products, dynamic seals, bonded piston seals, combustion and exhaust gaskets, static gaskets and seals, rigid heat shields, engine bearings, industrial bearings, bushings and washers, transmission components, brake disc pads, brake linings, brake blocks, element resistant systems protection sleeving products, acoustic shielding, flexible heat shields, brake system components, chassis products, wipers, fuel pumps and lighting.
As of December 31, 2009, Federal-Mogul had OE products included on approximately 300 global vehicle platforms and approximately 700 global powertrains used in light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
Joint Ventures and Other Strategic Alliances: Federal-Mogul is involved in 32 joint ventures located in 13 different countries throughout the world, including China, India, Korea, Russia and Turkey.
Products: The following provides an overview of products manufactured and distributed by Federal-Mogul:
Powertrain Energy: Powertrain Energy products are used in automotive, light truck, heavy-duty, industrial, marine, agricultural, power generation, and small air-cooled engine applications. The primary products of this product group include pistons, piston rings, piston pins, cylinder liners, valve seats and guides, and ignition products.
Powertrain Sealing and Bearings: Federal-Mogul is one of the sealing solutions and bearings providers. Product offerings include dynamic seals, bonded piston seals, combustion and exhaust gaskets, static gaskets and seals, rigid heat shields, engine bearings, industrial bearings, bushings and washers, sintered engine and transmission components, and metallic filters.
Vehicle Safety and Protection: Federal-Mogul supplies friction, systems protection, chassis, wipers, fuel and lighting products. Federal-Mogul is one of the suppliers of friction materials. These products are used in the automotive, motorcycle, heavy-duty, commercial/industrial, aerospace, railway and consumer products markets. The primary products of this product group include brake disc pads, brake linings, brake blocks, element resistant systems protection sleeving products, flexible heat shields, brake system components, chassis products, windshield wipers, fuel pumps and lighting products.
Global Aftermarket: Global Aftermarket sells products manufactured with in the product groups and purchased from outside suppliers to the independent automotive, heavy-duty and commercial/industrial replacement markets.
Customers: Federal-Mogul supplies OEMs with a variety of parts, essentially all of which are manufactured by Federal-Mogul. Federal-Moguls OE customers consist of automotive and heavy-duty vehicle manufacturers as well as agricultural, off-highway, marine, railroad, aerospace, and industrial application manufacturers.
Federal-Moguls aftermarket cu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Icahn Enterprises, L.P. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Icahn Enterprises, L.P. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Auto Parts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Industry Position Analysis
6. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ICAHN ENTERPRISES, L.P. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Major Shareholders
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. History
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Offices and Representations
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Capital Market Snapshot
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Auto Parts Industry Statistics
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. 1-year Stock Charts
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. 5-year Stock Charts
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Icahn Enterprises, L.P. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?