- The report contains detailed information about Herley Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Herley Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Herley Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Herley Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Herley Industries Inc. business.
About Herley Industries Inc.
Herley Industries, Inc. engages in the design, development, and manufacture of microwave technology solutions for the defense, aerospace, and medical industries worldwide.
The companys primary business units include Herley Lancaster; Herley New England; Herley Israel; Microsystems, Inc. (MSI); Herley CTI; Eyal Industries (Eyal); and EW Simulation Technology (EWST).
Products and Services
The company designs and manufactures microwave components and subassemblies, which are embedded in various radars, flight instrumentation, weapons sensors, electronic warfare systems, and guidance systems. Its microwave devices are used on its subassemblies and integrated systems (command and control systems, telemetry systems, transponders, flight termination receivers and identification friend or foe, or IFF, interrogators), in addition to being sold on a component basis.
The companys products and systems are deployed on a range of military platforms, including the F-16 Falcon, the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, the E-2C/D Hawkeye, EA-18G Growler, the AEGIS class surface combatants, the EA-6B Prowler, the AMRAAM air to air missile, CALCM (Conventional Air Launch Cruise Missile), Multi-mission Maritime Aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs, as well as national security programs such as National Missile Defense and the Trident II D-5.
Telemetry Systems: Telemetry systems provide wireless data transmission between two or more sites for recording and analysis. It has developed a telemetry system capability that can be configured to meet individual customers' needs. Various components of the system include data encoders, transmitters, and flight termination receivers.
The company manufactures Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) and Frequency Modulation (FM), telemetry and data acquisition systems for severe environment applications and its products are used worldwide for testing space launch vehicle instrumentation, aircraft flight testing, and amphibian, industrial, and automotive vehicle testing.
The company offers airborne data link system. With its digital capability in data encoding and acquisition elements combined with its radio frequency capability in providing telemetry transmitters and flight termination receivers, the company offers a line of narrow and wide-band airborne telemetry systems to meet various industrial needs, both domestically and internationally.
Command and Control Systems: The company's command and control (C2) systems principally are used to fly remotely various unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) typically aircraft used as target drones or Remotely Piloted Vehicles (RPVs). Its C2 systems also control surface targets. Operations have been conducted by users on the open ocean, remote land masses, and instrumented test and training ranges. The company's C2 systems permit a ground operator to fly a target or a UAV through a pre-planned mission.
The company's MONTAGE system affords over-the-horizon C2 using GPS guidance and control of multiple targets from a single ground station. The MONTAGE is a multiple processor design with high resolution graphics, which can be field-configured within minutes to fly or control any selected vehicle for which it is equipped. The MONTAGE is used in support of missile, aircraft and other weapons systems development and testing for training purposes.
Transponders: The company manufactures various expendable transponders, including range safety, IFF, command and control, and range scoring systems. Transponders are small, expendable, electronic systems consisting of a transmitter, sensitive receiver and internal signal processing equipment comprising active and passive components, including microwave subassemblies, such as amplifiers, oscillators and circulators. The transponder receives signals from radars, changes and amplifies the frequency of the signals, and transmits back a reply on a different frequency and signal level. In the case of defense and commercial space launch vehicles (Delta, Atlas, Titan and Pegasus), the company's transponder is tracked by the ground launch team all the way to space orbit, and in certain instances through various orbits.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Herley Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Herley Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Herley Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Herley Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Aerospace and Defense Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Herley Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HERLEY INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Herley Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Herley Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Herley Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Herley Industries Inc. History
Herley Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Herley Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Herley Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Herley Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Herley Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Herley Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Aerospace and Defense Industry Statistics
Herley Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Herley Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Herley Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Herley Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Herley Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Herley Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Herley Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Herley Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?